Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: PEP8
Description: retromer subunit PEP8
Alias: GRD6, VPS26, VPT4, retromer subunit PEP8
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Hsu J, Chang L, Jang L, Huang C, Lee F. The N-terminus of Vps74p is essential for the retention of glycosyltransferases in the Golgi but not for the modulation of apical polarized growth in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e74715 pubmed publisher..Thus, we propose that Vps74p may use different domains to interact with specific effectors thereby differentially modulating a variety of cellular functions. ..
- Conibear E, Stevens T. Vps52p, Vps53p, and Vps54p form a novel multisubunit complex required for protein sorting at the yeast late Golgi. Mol Biol Cell. 2000;11:305-23 pubmed..The Vps52/53/54 complex joins a growing list of distinct multisubunit complexes that regulate membrane-trafficking events. ..
- Ueno K, Saito M, Nagashima M, Kojima A, Nishinoaki S, Toshima J, et al. V-ATPase-dependent luminal acidification is required for endocytic recycling of a yeast cell wall stress sensor, Wsc1p. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2014;443:549-55 pubmed publisher..Moreover, we found that deletion of the VPS26 gene, encoding a subunit of the retromer complex, also caused a defect in Wsc1p recycling and mis-localization of ..
- Bean B, Davey M, Snider J, Jessulat M, Deineko V, Tinney M, et al. Rab5-family guanine nucleotide exchange factors bind retromer and promote its recruitment to endosomes. Mol Biol Cell. 2015;26:1119-28 pubmed publisher..The interaction of retromer with distinct VPS9 GEFs could thus link GEF-dependent regulatory inputs to the temporal or spatial coordination of retromer assembly or function. ..
- PÃ©rez Sampietro M, Herrero E. The PacC-family protein Rim101 prevents selenite toxicity in Saccharomyces cerevisiae by controlling vacuolar acidification. Fungal Genet Biol. 2014;71:76-85 pubmed publisher..In addition, a parallel Rim101-independent pathway requiring the complete ESCRT machinery (including the ESCRT-0 complex) also participates in protection against selenite. ..
- Cui T, Peterson T, Burd C. A CDC25 family protein phosphatase gates cargo recognition by the Vps26 retromer subunit. elife. 2017;6: pubmed publisher..Mih1 directly modulates the phosphorylation state of the Vps26 retromer subunit; mutations engineered to mimic these states modulate the binding affinities of Vps26 for a ..
- Collins B, Skinner C, Watson P, Seaman M, Owen D. Vps29 has a phosphoesterase fold that acts as a protein interaction scaffold for retromer assembly. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2005;12:594-602 pubmed