Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: PEA2
Alias: DFG9, PPF2, Pea2p
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Li X, Ferro Novick S, Novick P. Different polarisome components play distinct roles in Slt2p-regulated cortical ER inheritance in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Biol Cell. 2013;24:3145-54 pubmed publisher..affects cER inheritance through its effects on Slt2p, with different components playing distinct roles: Spa2p and Pea2p are required for Slt2p retention at the bud tip, whereas Bni1p, Bud6p, and Sph1p affect the level of Slt2p ..
- Bidlingmaier S, Snyder M. Regulation of polarized growth initiation and termination cycles by the polarisome and Cdc42 regulators. J Cell Biol. 2004;164:207-18 pubmed..We found that the polarisome components Spa2, Pea2, and Bni1 and the Cdc42 regulators Cdc24 and Bem3 control the timing and frequency of projection formation...
- Butty A, Pryciak P, Huang L, Herskowitz I, Peter M. The role of Far1p in linking the heterotrimeric G protein to polarity establishment proteins during yeast mating. Science. 1998;282:1511-6 pubmed..Thus, Far1p functions as an adaptor that recruits polarity establishment proteins to the site of extracellular signaling marked by Gbetagamma to polarize assembly of the cytoskeleton in a morphogenetic gradient. ..
- Mösch H, Fink G. Dissection of filamentous growth by transposon mutagenesis in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Genetics. 1997;145:671-84 pubmed..thereby identified 16 different genes, CDC39, STE12, TEC1, WHI3, NAB1, DBR1, CDC55, SRV2, TPM1, SPA2, BNI1, DFG5, DFG9, DFG10, BUD8 and DFG16, mutations that block filamentous growth...
- Song Q, Johnson C, Wilson T, Kumar A. Pooled segregant sequencing reveals genetic determinants of yeast pseudohyphal growth. PLoS Genet. 2014;10:e1004570 pubmed publisher..The S288C allele of the polarity gene PEA2, encoding Leu409 rather than Met, is linked with non-invasion...
- Sheu Y, Barral Y, Snyder M. Polarized growth controls cell shape and bipolar bud site selection in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Cell Biol. 2000;20:5235-47 pubmed..We found that the polarity genes SPA2, PEA2, BUD6, and BNI1 participate in a crucial step of bud morphogenesis, apical growth...
- Kadota J, Yamamoto T, Yoshiuchi S, Bi E, Tanaka K. Septin ring assembly requires concerted action of polarisome components, a PAK kinase Cla4p, and the actin cytoskeleton in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Biol Cell. 2004;15:5329-45 pubmed..Bni1p, a formin family protein, is a member of the polarisome complex with Spa2p, Bud6p, and Pea2p. All spa2Delta cla4-75-td, bud6Delta cla4-75-td, and pea2Delta cla4-75-td mutants showed defects in septin ring ..
- Neller J, DÃ¼nkler A, RÃ¶sler R, Johnsson N. A protein complex containing Epo1p anchors the cortical endoplasmic reticulum to the yeast bud tip. J Cell Biol. 2015;208:71-87 pubmed publisher..This analysis therefore identifies Epo1p as a novel and important component of the polarisome that promotes cER tethering at sites of polarized growth. ..
- Yuan S, Nie W, He F, Jia Z, Gao X. Kin2, the Budding Yeast Ortholog of Animal MARK/PAR-1 Kinases, Localizes to the Sites of Polarized Growth and May Regulate Septin Organization and the Cell Wall. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0153992 pubmed publisher..Moreover, we find that the C-terminal region of Kin2 interacts with Cdc11, a septin subunit, and Pea2, a component of the polarisome that is known to play a role in septin organization...
- Davie J, Kane C. Genetic interactions between TFIIS and the Swi-Snf chromatin-remodeling complex. Mol Cell Biol. 2000;20:5960-73 pubmed..The detection of these genetic interactions provides another functional link between the Swi-Snf complex and the elongation machinery. ..
- Motizuki M, Xu Z. Importance of polarisome proteins in reorganization of actin cytoskeleton at low pH in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. J Biochem. 2009;146:705-12 pubmed publisher..Deletion of the scaffolding protein, Spa2p, or the Spa2p-interacting protein Pea2p, markedly inhibited the depolarization, and further deletion of the formin protein, Bni1p, notably delayed actin ..
- Jaquenoud M, Peter M. Gic2p may link activated Cdc42p to components involved in actin polarization, including Bni1p and Bud6p (Aip3p). Mol Cell Biol. 2000;20:6244-58 pubmed..We propose that at bud emergence, Gic2p functions as an adaptor which may link activated Cdc42p to components involved in actin organization and polarized growth, including Bni1p, Spa2p, and Bud6p. ..
- Miller R, Matheos D, Rose M. The cortical localization of the microtubule orientation protein, Kar9p, is dependent upon actin and proteins required for polarization. J Cell Biol. 1999;144:963-75 pubmed..We conclude that Kar9p's function is specific for cytoplasmic microtubule orientation and that Kar9p's role in nuclear positioning is to coordinate the interactions between the actin and microtubule networks. ..