Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: PDS5
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Ren Q, Yang H, Rosinski M, Conrad M, Dresser M, Guacci V, et al. Mutation of the cohesin related gene PDS5 causes cell death with predominant apoptotic features in Saccharomyces cerevisiae during early meiosis. Mutat Res. 2005;570:163-73 pubmedb>Pds5p is a cohesin related protein. It is required for maintenance of sister chromatid cohesion in mitosis and meiosis. Here we report that pds5-1 causes cell death in yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae during early meiosis...
- Noble D, Kenna M, Dix M, Skibbens R, Unal E, Guacci V. Intersection between the regulators of sister chromatid cohesion establishment and maintenance in budding yeast indicates a multi-step mechanism. Cell Cycle. 2006;5:2528-36 pubmed..b>Pds5p colocalizes temporally and spatially with cohesin on chromosomes but is thought to serve as a regulator of ..
- Rowland B, Roig M, Nishino T, Kurze A, Uluocak P, Mishra A, et al. Building sister chromatid cohesion: smc3 acetylation counteracts an antiestablishment activity. Mol Cell. 2009;33:763-74 pubmed publisherCohesin's Smc1, Smc3, and Scc1 subunits form a tripartite ring that entraps sister DNAs. Scc3, Pds5, and Rad61 (Wapl) are regulatory subunits that control this process...
- Chan K, Gligoris T, Upcher W, Kato Y, Shirahige K, Nasmyth K, et al. Pds5 promotes and protects cohesin acetylation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:13020-5 pubmed publisher..How Scc3 and Pds5, regulatory subunits bound to Î±-kleisin, regulate cohesion establishment and maintenance is poorly understood...
- Muir K, Kschonsak M, Li Y, Metz J, Haering C, Panne D. Structure of the Pds5-Scc1 Complex and Implications for Cohesin Function. Cell Rep. 2016;14:2116-2126 pubmed publisher..One of these factors, Pds5, engages cohesin through Scc1 and is both a facilitator of cohesion, and, conversely also mediates the release of ..
- Fernius J, Nerusheva O, Galander S, Alves F, Rappsilber J, Marston A. Cohesin-dependent association of scc2/4 with the centromere initiates pericentromeric cohesion establishment. Curr Biol. 2013;23:599-606 pubmed publisher..Overall, our findings provide a paradigm for the spatial and temporal control of cohesin loading. ..
- Li Z, Vizeacoumar F, Bahr S, Li J, Warringer J, Vizeacoumar F, et al. Systematic exploration of essential yeast gene function with temperature-sensitive mutants. Nat Biotechnol. 2011;29:361-7 pubmed publisher..This mutant collection should facilitate a wide range of systematic studies aimed at understanding the functions of essential genes. ..
- Maradeo M, Garg A, Skibbens R. Rfc5p regulates alternate RFC complex functions in sister chromatid pairing reactions in budding yeast. Cell Cycle. 2010;9:4370-8 pubmed..We further report that Pds5p exhibits both establishment and anti-establishment functions in cohesion...
- Katis V, Lipp J, Imre R, Bogdanova A, Okaz E, Habermann B, et al. Rec8 phosphorylation by casein kinase 1 and Cdc7-Dbf4 kinase regulates cohesin cleavage by separase during meiosis. Dev Cell. 2010;18:397-409 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that PP2A protects centromeric cohesion by opposing CK1delta/epsilon- and DDK-dependent phosphorylation of Rec8. ..
- D Ambrosio L, Lavoie B. Pds5 prevents the PolySUMO-dependent separation of sister chromatids. Curr Biol. 2014;24:361-71 pubmed publisher..Rather, the cohesin-associated factor Pds5 is also required to keep sisters paired until anaphase onset...
- Elbatsh A, Haarhuis J, Petela N, Chapard C, Fish A, Celie P, et al. Cohesin Releases DNA through Asymmetric ATPase-Driven Ring Opening. Mol Cell. 2016;61:575-588 pubmed publisher..We propose that Smc3 acetylation locks cohesin rings around the sister chromatids by counteracting an activity associated with one of cohesin's two ATPase sites. ..
- Chan K, Roig M, Hu B, BeckouÃ«t F, Metson J, Nasmyth K. Cohesin's DNA exit gate is distinct from its entrance gate and is regulated by acetylation. Cell. 2012;150:961-74 pubmed publisher..According to this notion, the function of Smc3 acetylation is to block its dissociation from Î±-kleisin. The functional implications of regulated ring opening are discussed. ..
- Jin H, Guacci V, Yu H. Pds5 is required for homologue pairing and inhibits synapsis of sister chromatids during yeast meiosis. J Cell Biol. 2009;186:713-25 pubmed publisher..In this study, we report that Pds5, a cohesin-associated protein known to regulate sister chromatid cohesion, is required for homologue pairing and ..
- Tong K, Skibbens R. Cohesin without cohesion: a novel role for Pds5 in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e100470 pubmed publisher..directly test for cohesin dissociation from well-established cohesin binding sites in mitotic cells inactivated for Pds5--a key cohesin regulatory protein...
- Tong K, Skibbens R. Pds5 regulators segregate cohesion and condensation pathways in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2015;112:7021-6 pubmed publisher..b>Pds5 is a cohesin-associated factor that is essential for both cohesion maintenance and condensation...
- Aguilar C, Davidson C, Dix M, Stead K, Zheng K, Hartman T, et al. Topoisomerase II suppresses the temperature sensitivity of Saccharomyces cerevisiae pds5 mutants, but not the defect in sister chromatid cohesion. Cell Cycle. 2005;4:1294-304 pubmed..The cohesin complex serves as the primary molecular glue responsible for cohesion. Pds5p binds to the same chromosomal loci as the cohesin complex but plays a distinct role as a regulator of cohesion ..