Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: PDC1
Description: indolepyruvate decarboxylase 1
Alias: indolepyruvate decarboxylase 1
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Fang N, Chan G, Zhu M, Comyn S, Persaud A, Deshaies R, et al. Rsp5/Nedd4 is the main ubiquitin ligase that targets cytosolic misfolded proteins following heat stress. Nat Cell Biol. 2014;16:1227-37 pubmed publisher..Our results support a bipartite recognition mechanism combining direct and chaperone-dependent ubiquitylation of misfolded cytosolic proteins by Rsp5. ..
- de Assis L, Zingali R, Masuda C, Rodrigues S, Montero Lomeli M. Pyruvate decarboxylase activity is regulated by the Ser/Thr protein phosphatase Sit4p in the yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae. FEMS Yeast Res. 2013;13:518-28 pubmed publisher..3 to 4.6 mM, while the V(max) changed from 0.806 to 0.673 ?mol mg?¹ min?¹. These results suggest that the Pdc1p phosphorylation dependent on SIT4 occurs at residues that change the apparent affinity for TPP and pyruvate. ..
- Mojzita D, Hohmann S. Pdc2 coordinates expression of the THI regulon in the yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Genet Genomics. 2006;276:147-61 pubmed..The DNA binding protein Pdc2 was initially identified as a regulator of the genes PDC1 and PDC5, which encode isoforms of the glycolytic enzyme pyruvate decarboxylase (Pdc)...
- Dickinson J, Harrison S, Hewlins M. An investigation of the metabolism of valine to isobutyl alcohol in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:25751-6 pubmed..via pyruvate decarboxylase, is the one that is used because elimination of pyruvate decarboxylase activity in a pdc1 pdc5 pdc6 triple mutant virtually abolished isobutyl alcohol production...
- Agarwal P, Uppada V, Noronha S. Comparison of pyruvate decarboxylases from Saccharomyces cerevisiae and Komagataella pastoris (Pichia pastoris). Appl Microbiol Biotechnol. 2013;97:9439-49 pubmed publisher..cerevisiae. PpPDC in comparison to all isozymes of S. cerevisiae is less efficient at decarboxylation. All the enzymes exhibit allostery, indicating that they are substrate activated. ..
- Hohmann S. PDC6, a weakly expressed pyruvate decarboxylase gene from yeast, is activated when fused spontaneously under the control of the PDC1 promoter. Curr Genet. 1991;20:373-8 pubmedThree structural genes encode the pyruvate decarboxylase isoenzymes in the yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae. PDC1 and PDC5 are active during glucose fermentation where PDC1 is expressed about six times more strongly than PDC5...
- Hohmann S, Cederberg H. Autoregulation may control the expression of yeast pyruvate decarboxylase structural genes PDC1 and PDC5. Eur J Biochem. 1990;188:615-21 pubmedRecently we deleted the pyruvate decarboxylase structural gene PDC1 from the genome of the yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae...
- van Urk H, Schipper D, Breedveld G, Mak P, Scheffers W, van Dijken J. Localization and kinetics of pyruvate-metabolizing enzymes in relation to aerobic alcoholic fermentation in Saccharomyces cerevisiae CBS 8066 and Candida utilis CBS 621. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1989;992:78-86 pubmed..Rather, a high glycolytic flux and a high level of this enzyme are decisive for the occurrence of alcoholic fermentation after transfer of cells from glucose limitation to glucose excess. ..
- Kutter S, Weiss M, Wille G, Golbik R, Spinka M, König S. Covalently bound substrate at the regulatory site of yeast pyruvate decarboxylases triggers allosteric enzyme activation. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:12136-44 pubmed publisher..The structural data are complemented and supported by kinetic investigations and binding studies, providing a consistent picture of the structural changes occurring upon enzyme activation. ..
- Dickinson J, Salgado L, Hewlins M. The catabolism of amino acids to long chain and complex alcohols in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:8028-34 pubmed
- Balciunas D, Hallberg M, Bjorklund S, Ronne H. Functional interactions within yeast mediator and evidence of differential subunit modifications. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:3831-9 pubmed..Taken together, these results suggest that assembly of Mediator is a multistep process that involves conversion of both Med4 and Med8 to their low mobility forms. ..
- Bhat W, Boutin G, Rufiange A, Nourani A. Casein kinase 2 associates with the yeast chromatin reassembly factor Spt2/Sin1 to regulate its function in the repression of spurious transcription. Mol Cell Biol. 2013;33:4198-211 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data suggest that CK2 regulates the function of Spt2 by modulating its interaction with chromatin and the histone chaperone Spt6. ..