Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: PBP1
Alias: MRS16, Pbp1p
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Takahara T, Maeda T. Transient sequestration of TORC1 into stress granules during heat stress. Mol Cell. 2012;47:242-52 pubmed publisher..Ectopic formation of SGs achieved by Pbp1 overexpression in unstressed cells sequesters TORC1 in this compartment, thereby blunting TORC1 signaling...
- Armakola M, Higgins M, Figley M, Barmada S, Scarborough E, Diaz Z, et al. Inhibition of RNA lariat debranching enzyme suppresses TDP-43 toxicity in ALS disease models. Nat Genet. 2012;44:1302-9 pubmed publisher..Our findings provide insight into TDP-43-mediated cytotoxicity and suggest that decreasing Dbr1 activity could be a potential therapeutic approach for ALS. ..
- Gomar Alba M, del Olmo M. Hot1 factor recruits co-activator Sub1 and elongation complex Spt4/5 to osmostress genes. Biochem J. 2016;473:3065-79 pubmed publisher..Instead, other data presented herein indicate a key function of the Hot1 transcription factor in the recruitment of these proteins to the promoter or the 5'-coding region of the genes under its control. ..
- Blair L, Liu Z, Labitigan R, Wu L, Zheng D, Xia Z, et al. KDM5 lysine demethylases are involved in maintenance of 3'UTR length. Sci Adv. 2016;2:e1501662 pubmed publisher..In contrast, both KDM5A and KDM5B are involved in the lengthening of DICER1. Our findings suggest both a novel role for this family of demethylases and a novel targetable mechanism for 3'UTR processing. ..
- Abraham K, Chan J, Salvi J, Ho B, Hall A, Vidya E, et al. Intersection of calorie restriction and magnesium in the suppression of genome-destabilizing RNA-DNA hybrids. Nucleic Acids Res. 2016;44:8870-8884 pubmed..In an R-loop accumulation model of Pbp1-deficient Saccharomyces cerevisiae, magnesium ions guided by cell membrane Mg2+ transporters Alr1/2 act ..
- Demille D, Badal B, Evans J, Mathis A, Anderson J, Grose J. PAS kinase is activated by direct SNF1-dependent phosphorylation and mediates inhibition of TORC1 through the phosphorylation and activation of Pbp1. Mol Biol Cell. 2015;26:569-82 pubmed publisher..and activation of Psk1, which phosphorylates and activates poly(A)- binding protein binding protein 1 (Pbp1), which then inhibits TORC1 through sequestration at stress granules...
- Salvi J, Chan J, Szafranski K, Liu T, Wu J, Olsen J, et al. Roles for Pbp1 and caloric restriction in genome and lifespan maintenance via suppression of RNA-DNA hybrids. Dev Cell. 2014;30:177-91 pubmed publisher..The yeast Ataxin-2 protein Pbp1 binds noncoding RNA, suppresses RNA-DNA hybrids, and prevents aberrant rDNA recombination...
- Kimura Y, Irie K, Irie K. Pbp1 is involved in Ccr4- and Khd1-mediated regulation of cell growth through association with ribosomal proteins Rpl12a and Rpl12b. Eukaryot Cell. 2013;12:864-74 pubmed publisherThe Saccharomyces cerevisiae Pbp1 [poly(A)-binding protein (Pab1)-binding protein] is believed to be involved in RNA metabolism and regulation of translation, since Pbp1 regulates a length of poly(A) tail and is involved in stress granule ..
- Cuenca Bono B, García Molinero V, Pascual García P, García Oliver E, Llopis A, Rodriguez Navarro S. A novel link between Sus1 and the cytoplasmic mRNA decay machinery suggests a broad role in mRNA metabolism. BMC Cell Biol. 2010;11:19 pubmed publisher..These interactions suggest a role for Sus1 in gene expression during cytoplasmic mRNA metabolism in addition to its nuclear function. ..
- Dunn C, Jensen R. Suppression of a defect in mitochondrial protein import identifies cytosolic proteins required for viability of yeast cells lacking mitochondrial DNA. Genetics. 2003;165:35-45 pubmed..Our results suggest that increased amounts of Cct6p, Ssb1p, Icy1p, Tip41p, and Pbp1p help overcome the problems resulting from a defect in protein import.