Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: PAM17
Alias: FMP18, Pam17p
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Schendzielorz A, Schulz C, Lytovchenko O, Clancy A, Guiard B, Ieva R, et al. Two distinct membrane potential-dependent steps drive mitochondrial matrix protein translocation. J Cell Biol. 2017;216:83-92 pubmed publisher..The presequence translocase constituent Pam17 is specifically recruited by the receptor Tim50 to promote the transport of hypersensitive precursors into the ..
- Lytovchenko O, Melin J, Schulz C, Kilisch M, Hutu D, Rehling P. Signal recognition initiates reorganization of the presequence translocase during protein import. EMBO J. 2013;32:886-98 pubmed publisher..The signal-driven release of Tim21 from Tim50 promotes recruitment of Pam17 and thus triggers formation of the motor-associated form of the TIM23 complex required for matrix transport.
- Ting S, Schilke B, Hayashi M, Craig E. Architecture of the TIM23 inner mitochondrial translocon and interactions with the matrix import motor. J Biol Chem. 2014;289:28689-96 pubmed publisher..cross-linker in the matrix exposed loop between transmembrane segments 1 and 2 (loop 1) cross-linked to Pam17. Alterations in this loop caused destabilization of the interaction of Pam17 with the translocon...
- Gebert M, Schrempp S, Mehnert C, Heißwolf A, Oeljeklaus S, Ieva R, et al. Mgr2 promotes coupling of the mitochondrial presequence translocase to partner complexes. J Cell Biol. 2012;197:595-604 pubmed publisher..We conclude that Mgr2 is a coupling factor of the presequence translocase crucial for cell growth at elevated temperature and for efficient protein import. ..
- Schulz C, Rehling P. Remodelling of the active presequence translocase drives motor-dependent mitochondrial protein translocation. Nat Commun. 2014;5:4349 pubmed publisher..Thus, a replenishment cycle of co-chaperones at the TIM23 complex is an integral part of Hsp70's ATPase cycle at the channel exit site and essential to maintain motor-driven mitochondrial protein import. ..