Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: ORM2
Description: sphingolipid homeostasis protein ORM2
Alias: sphingolipid homeostasis protein ORM2
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Toume M, Tani M. Change in activity of serine palmitoyltransferase affects sensitivity to syringomycin E in yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae. FEMS Microbiol Lett. 2014;358:64-71 pubmed publisher..found a novel mutation that confers resistance to syringomycin E on yeast; that is, a deletion mutant of ORM1 and ORM2, which encode negative regulators of serine palmitoyltransferase catalyzing the initial step of sphingolipid ..
- Gururaj C, Federman R, Federman R, Chang A. Orm proteins integrate multiple signals to maintain sphingolipid homeostasis. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:20453-63 pubmed publisher..The recently discovered SPT-associated proteins, Orm1 and Orm2, are critical regulators of sphingolipids...
- Shimobayashi M, Oppliger W, Moes S, Jeno P, Hall M. TORC1-regulated protein kinase Npr1 phosphorylates Orm to stimulate complex sphingolipid synthesis. Mol Biol Cell. 2013;24:870-81 pubmed publisherThe evolutionarily conserved Orm1 and Orm2 proteins mediate sphingolipid homeostasis. However, the homologous Orm proteins and the signaling pathways modulating their phosphorylation and function are incompletely characterized...
- Lester R, Withers B, Schultz M, Dickson R. Iron, glucose and intrinsic factors alter sphingolipid composition as yeast cells enter stationary phase. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2013;1831:726-36 pubmed publisher..These changes are due to intrinsic factors including Orm1 and Orm2, ceramide synthase, Lcb4 kinase and the Tsc3 subunit of serine palmitoyltransferase as well as extrinsic factors ..
- Lee Y, Huang X, Kropat J, Henras A, Merchant S, Dickson R, et al. Sphingolipid signaling mediates iron toxicity. Cell Metab. 2012;16:90-6 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate an unexpected connection between sphingolipid flux and iron toxicity and show that activation of a signal transduction cascade contributes to iron-mediated cellular toxicity. ..
- Liu M, Huang C, Polu S, Schneiter R, Chang A. Regulation of sphingolipid synthesis through Orm1 and Orm2 in yeast. J Cell Sci. 2012;125:2428-35 pubmed publisher..Yeast Orm1 and Orm2 belong to a conserved family of ER membrane proteins that regulate serine palmitoyltransferase, which catalyzes the ..
- Zimmermann C, Santos A, Gable K, Epstein S, Gururaj C, Chymkowitch P, et al. TORC1 inhibits GSK3-mediated Elo2 phosphorylation to regulate very long chain fatty acid synthesis and autophagy. Cell Rep. 2013;5:1036-46 pubmed publisher..Together, our data reveal a function for TORC1 and GSK3 in the regulation of VLCFA synthesis that has important implications for autophagy and cell homeostasis. ..
- Hjelmqvist L, Tuson M, Marfany G, Herrero E, Balcells S, Gonzalez Duarte R. ORMDL proteins are a conserved new family of endoplasmic reticulum membrane proteins. Genome Biol. 2002;3:RESEARCH0027 pubmed..Subcellular localization and the response of yeast mutants to specific agents point to the involvement of ORMDL in protein folding in the ER. ..