Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: OPI3
Description: bifunctional phosphatidyl-N-methylethanolamine N-methyltransferase/phosphatidyl-N-dimethylethanolamine N-methyltransferase
Alias: PEM2, bifunctional phosphatidyl-N-methylethanolamine N-methyltransferase/phosphatidyl-N-dimethylethanolamine N-methyltransferase
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Riekhof W, Wu J, Gijón M, Zarini S, Murphy R, Voelker D. Lysophosphatidylcholine metabolism in Saccharomyces cerevisiae: the role of P-type ATPases in transport and a broad specificity acyltransferase in acylation. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:36853-61 pubmed..These results establish a new pathway for the net synthesis of PtdCho in yeast and provide new tools for the study of PtdCho synthesis, transport, and remodeling...
- Bidlingmaier S, Snyder M. Large-scale identification of genes important for apical growth in Saccharomyces cerevisiae by directed allele replacement technology (DART) screening. Funct Integr Genomics. 2002;1:345-56 pubmed..mutations in 17 different genes ( SMY1, SPA2, PAN1, SLA1, SLA2, CBK1, SEC22, FAB1, VPS36, VID22, RAS2, ECM33, OPI3, API1/YDR372c, API2/YDR525w, API3/YKR020w, and API4/YNL051w), which alter the elongated bud morphology of cdc34-2 ..
- Greenberg M, Klig L, Letts V, Loewy B, Henry S. Yeast mutant defective in phosphatidylcholine synthesis. J Bacteriol. 1983;153:791-9 pubmedThe Saccharomyces cerevisiae opi3-3 mutant was shown to be defective in the synthesis of phosphatidylcholine via methylation of phosphatidylethanolamine...
- Boumann H, Gubbens J, Koorengevel M, Oh C, Martin C, Heck A, et al. Depletion of phosphatidylcholine in yeast induces shortening and increased saturation of the lipid acyl chains: evidence for regulation of intrinsic membrane curvature in a eukaryote. Mol Biol Cell. 2006;17:1006-17 pubmed..The shortening and increased saturation of the PE acyl chains were shown to decrease the nonbilayer propensity of PE. The results point to a regulatory mechanism in yeast that maintains intrinsic membrane curvature in an optimal range. ..
- BeGora M, Macleod M, McCarry B, Summers P, Weretilnyk E. Identification of phosphomethylethanolamine N-methyltransferase from Arabidopsis and its role in choline and phospholipid metabolism. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:29147-55 pubmed publisher..methylation steps was cloned from Arabidopsis by heterologous complementation of a Saccharomyces cerevisiae cho2, opi3 mutant...
- Gulshan K, Moye Rowley W. Vacuolar import of phosphatidylcholine requires the ATP-binding cassette transporter Ybt1. Traffic. 2011;12:1257-68 pubmed publisher..Our data describe a novel vacuolar route for lipid remodeling and reutilization in addition to previously described enzymatic avenues in the cytoplasm...
- Tavassoli S, Chao J, Young B, Cox R, Prinz W, de Kroon A, et al. Plasma membrane--endoplasmic reticulum contact sites regulate phosphatidylcholine synthesis. EMBO Rep. 2013;14:434-40 pubmed publisher..phosphatidylcholine synthesis and regulate the activity of the phosphatidylethanolamine N-methyltransferase enzyme, Opi3. Opi3 activity requires Osh3, which localizes to PM-ER contacts where it might facilitate in trans catalysis by ..
- Gaynor P, Carman G. Phosphatidylethanolamine methyltransferase and phospholipid methyltransferase activities from Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Enzymological and kinetic properties. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1990;1045:156-63 pubmed..AdoHcy was a noncompetitive inhibitor of PEMT (Ki = 160 microM) and PLMT (Ki = 120 microM) with respect to PE and PMME and PDME, respectively. ..