Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: OLI1
Description: F0 ATP synthase subunit c
Alias: ATP9, OLI3, F0 ATP synthase subunit c
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Lau W, Baker L, Rubinstein J. Cryo-EM structure of the yeast ATP synthase. J Mol Biol. 2008;382:1256-64 pubmed publisher..This new map has allowed construction of a model of subunit arrangement in the F(O) motor of ATP synthase that dictates how dimerization of the complex via subunits e and g might occur. ..
- Jia L, Dienhart M, Stuart R. Oxa1 directly interacts with Atp9 and mediates its assembly into the mitochondrial F1Fo-ATP synthase complex. Mol Biol Cell. 2007;18:1897-908 pubmed..Oxa1 was found to physically interact with newly synthesized mitochondrially encoded Atp9 protein in a posttranslational manner and in a manner that is not dependent on the C-terminal, matrix-localized ..
- Herrmann J, Stuart R, Craig E, Neupert W. Mitochondrial heat shock protein 70, a molecular chaperone for proteins encoded by mitochondrial DNA. J Cell Biol. 1994;127:893-902 pubmed..Thus mt-Hsp70 by acting as a chaperone for proteins encoded by the mitochondrial DNA, has a critical role in the assembly of supra-molecular complexes. ..
- Foury F, Roganti T, Lecrenier N, Purnelle B. The complete sequence of the mitochondrial genome of Saccharomyces cerevisiae. FEBS Lett. 1998;440:325-31 pubmed..Our data suggest that shuffling of mobile elements plays an important role in the remodelling of the yeast mitochondrial genome. ..
- Arnold I, Pfeiffer K, Neupert W, Stuart R, Schagger H. ATP synthase of yeast mitochondria. Isolation of subunit j and disruption of the ATP18 gene. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:36-40 pubmed..In the absence of Su j, spontaneously arising rho- cells were observed that lacked also ubiquinol-cytochrome c reductase and cytochrome c oxidase activities. We conclude that Su j is a novel and essential subunit of yeast ATP synthase. ..
- Symersky J, Pagadala V, Osowski D, Krah A, Meier T, Faraldo Gómez J, et al. Structure of the c(10) ring of the yeast mitochondrial ATP synthase in the open conformation. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2012;19:485-91, S1 pubmed publisher..We propose that this new structure represents the functionally open form of the c subunit, which facilitates proton loading and release...
- Hensgens L, Grivell L, Borst P, Bos J. Nucleotide sequence of the mitochondrial structural gene for subunit 9 of yeast ATPase complex. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1979;76:1663-7 pubmed..The nature of the sequences responsible for binding ribosomes to mitochondrial mRNA and for termination of RNA synthesis is considered. ..
- Förster K, Turina P, Drepper F, Haehnel W, Fischer S, Graber P, et al. Proton transport coupled ATP synthesis by the purified yeast H+ -ATP synthase in proteoliposomes. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2010;1797:1828-37 pubmed publisher..The dependence of the turnover on the phosphate concentration and the dependence of K(M) on pH(out) indicated that the substrate for ATP synthesis is the monoanionic phosphate species H?PO??. ..
- Rak M, Gokova S, Tzagoloff A. Modular assembly of yeast mitochondrial ATP synthase. EMBO J. 2011;30:920-30 pubmed publisher..These studies show that assembly of the ATP synthase is not a single linear process, as previously thought, but rather involves two separate but coordinately regulated pathways that converge at the end stage. ..
- Horn D, Fontanesi F, Barrientos A. Exploring protein-protein interactions involving newly synthesized mitochondrial DNA-encoded proteins. Methods Mol Biol. 2008;457:125-39 pubmed
- Zeng X, Kucharczyk R, di Rago J, Tzagoloff A. The leader peptide of yeast Atp6p is required for efficient interaction with the Atp9p ring of the mitochondrial ATPase. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:36167-76 pubmed
- Ooi B, McMullen G, Linnane A, Nagley P, Novitski C. Biogenesis of mitochondria: DNA sequence analysis of mit- mutations in the mitochondrial oli1 gene coding for mitochondrial ATPase subunit 9 in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Nucleic Acids Res. 1985;13:1327-39 pubmed..The location and nature of specific changes pinpoint amino acid residues in subunit 9 essential to the activity of the mitochondrial ATPase complex. ..