Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: OLE1
Description: stearoyl-CoA 9-desaturase
Alias: MDM2, stearoyl-CoA 9-desaturase
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Schneiter R, Tatzer V, Gogg G, Leitner E, Kohlwein S. Elo1p-dependent carboxy-terminal elongation of C14:1Delta(9) to C16:1Delta(11) fatty acids in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. J Bacteriol. 2000;182:3655-60 pubmed..These results will be discussed in terms of biosynthesis of different phospholipid classes via either the de novo or the Kennedy pathway. ..
- Siepe D, Jentsch S. Prolyl isomerase Pin1 acts as a switch to control the degree of substrate ubiquitylation. Nat Cell Biol. 2009;11:967-72 pubmed publisher..This suggests that the Pin1 activity is often translated into a fate-determining ubiquitylation switch, and that Pin1 may affect the degree of substrate ubiquitylation in other pathways as well. ..
- Ballweg S, Ernst R. Control of membrane fluidity: the OLE pathway in focus. Biol Chem. 2017;398:215-228 pubmed publisher..of the transcription factors Mga2 and Spt23 from the endoplasmic reticulum (ER), which then drive the expression of OLE1 in the nucleus...
- Nasution O, Lee Y, Kim E, Lee Y, Kim W, Choi W. Overexpression of OLE1 enhances stress tolerance and constitutively activates the MAPK HOG pathway in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Biotechnol Bioeng. 2017;114:620-631 pubmed publisherb>OLE1 of Saccharomyces cerevisiae encodes the sole and essential ?-9 desaturase catalyzing the conversion of saturated to unsaturated fatty acids. Upon ectopic overexpression of OLE1 in S...
- De Smet C, Vittone E, Scherer M, Houweling M, Liebisch G, Brouwers J, et al. The yeast acyltransferase Sct1p regulates fatty acid desaturation by competing with the desaturase Ole1p. Mol Biol Cell. 2012;23:1146-56 pubmed publisher..The level of Sct1p phosphorylation is increased when cells are supplemented with saturated fatty acids, demonstrating the physiological relevance of our findings. ..
- Jacquier N, Schneiter R. Ypk1, the yeast orthologue of the human serum- and glucocorticoid-induced kinase, is required for efficient uptake of fatty acids. J Cell Sci. 2010;123:2218-27 pubmed publisher..Consistent with such a proposition, mutations that block early steps of endocytosis display reduced levels of fatty-acid uptake. ..
- McConnell S, Stewart L, Talin A, Yaffe M. Temperature-sensitive yeast mutants defective in mitochondrial inheritance. J Cell Biol. 1990;111:967-76 pubmed..Two of these mutants contain single, recessive, nuclear mutations, mdm1 and mdm2, that cause temperature-sensitive growth and aberrant mitochondrial distribution at the nonpermissive temperature...
- Yahara N, Sato K, Nakano A. The Arf1p GTPase-activating protein Glo3p executes its regulatory function through a conserved repeat motif at its C-terminus. J Cell Sci. 2006;119:2604-12 pubmed..We name this region the Glo3 motif and present evidence that the motif is required for the function of Glo3p in vivo. ..
- Zhang S, Skalsky Y, Garfinkel D. MGA2 or SPT23 is required for transcription of the delta9 fatty acid desaturase gene, OLE1, and nuclear membrane integrity in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Genetics. 1999;151:473-83 pubmed..We have isolated a gene-specific activator, SWI5, and the Delta9 fatty acid desaturase of yeast, OLE1, as multicopy suppressors of an mga2Delta spt23 temperature-sensitive mutation (spt23-ts)...