Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: NUP85
Alias: RAT9, Nup85p
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Lutzmann M, Kunze R, Buerer A, Aebi U, Hurt E. Modular self-assembly of a Y-shaped multiprotein complex from seven nucleoporins. EMBO J. 2002;21:387-97 pubmed..Here, we report the reconstitution of seven proteins (Nup133p, Nup145p-C, Nup120p, Nup85p, Nup84p, Seh1p and Sec13p) into a heptameric 0.5 MDa nuclear pore subcomplex...
- Fabre E, Hurt E. Yeast genetics to dissect the nuclear pore complex and nucleocytoplasmic trafficking. Annu Rev Genet. 1997;31:277-313 pubmed..We review here our current knowledge on the role of nucleoporins, and on the mechanism of nucleocytoplasmic transport, with emphasis on the yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae. ..
- Siniossoglou S, Wimmer C, Rieger M, Doye V, Tekotte H, Weise C, et al. A novel complex of nucleoporins, which includes Sec13p and a Sec13p homolog, is essential for normal nuclear pores. Cell. 1996;84:265-75 pubmed..Nup84p forms a complex with five proteins, of which Nup120p, Nup85p, Sec13p, and a Sec13p homolog were identified...
- Siniossoglou S, Santos Rosa H, Rappsilber J, Mann M, Hurt E. A novel complex of membrane proteins required for formation of a spherical nucleus. EMBO J. 1998;17:6449-64 pubmed..Thus, Spo7p and Nem1p, which exhibit a strong genetic link to nucleoporins of the Nup84p complex, fulfil an essential role in formation of a spherical nucleus and meiotic division. ..
- Dawson T, Lazarus M, Hetzer M, Wente S. ER membrane-bending proteins are necessary for de novo nuclear pore formation. J Cell Biol. 2009;184:659-75 pubmed publisher..We hypothesize that these ER membrane-bending proteins mediate early NPC assembly steps...
- Segref A, Sharma K, Doye V, Hellwig A, Huber J, Luhrmann R, et al. Mex67p, a novel factor for nuclear mRNA export, binds to both poly(A)+ RNA and nuclear pores. EMBO J. 1997;16:3256-71 pubmed..proteins in human and Caenorhabditis elegans was identified through its genetic interaction with nucleoporin Nup85p. In the thermosensitive mex67-5 mutant, poly(A)+ RNA accumulates in intranuclear foci shortly after shift to the ..
- Snay Hodge C, Colot H, Goldstein A, Cole C. Dbp5p/Rat8p is a yeast nuclear pore-associated DEAD-box protein essential for RNA export. EMBO J. 1998;17:2663-76 pubmed..The strong mutant phenotype, association of the protein with NPCs and genetic interaction with factors involved in RNA export provide strong evidence that Dbp5p/Rat8p plays a direct role in RNA export. ..
- Senger B, Simos G, Bischoff F, Podtelejnikov A, Mann M, Hurt E. Mtr10p functions as a nuclear import receptor for the mRNA-binding protein Npl3p. EMBO J. 1998;17:2196-207 pubmed..MTR10, previously shown to be involved in mRNA export, was found in a synthetic lethal relationship with nucleoporin NUP85. Green fluorescent protein (GFP)-tagged Mtr10p localizes preferentially inside the nucleus, but a nuclear pore and ..
- MÃ©szÃ¡ros N, Cibulka J, Mendiburo M, Romanauska A, Schneider M, KÃ¶hler A. Nuclear pore basket proteins are tethered to the nuclear envelope and can regulate membrane curvature. Dev Cell. 2015;33:285-98 pubmed publisher..Basket amphipathic helices are functionally linked to distinct transmembrane nucleoporins of the NPC core, suggesting a key contribution to the membrane remodeling events that underlie NPC assembly. ..
- Casey A, Chen S, Novick P, Ferro Novick S, Wente S. Nuclear pore complex integrity requires Lnp1, a regulator of cortical endoplasmic reticulum. Mol Biol Cell. 2015;26:2833-44 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that Lnp1's role in NPC integrity is separable from functions in the ER and is linked to Ndc1 and Rtn1 interactions. ..
- West M, Hedges J, Lo K, Johnson A. Novel interaction of the 60S ribosomal subunit export adapter Nmd3 at the nuclear pore complex. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:14028-37 pubmed..These results suggest that in the absence of the ribosome, Nmd3 is not efficiently released from Crm1 at the NPC. ..
- Gao H, Sumanaweera N, Bailer S, Stochaj U. Nuclear accumulation of the small GTPase Gsp1p depends on nucleoporins Nup133p, Rat2p/Nup120p, Nup85p, Nic96p, and the acetyl-CoA carboxylase Acc1p. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:25331-40 pubmed..We show that the nucleoporins Nup133p, Rat2p/Nup120p, Nup85p, Nic96p, and the enzyme acetyl-CoA carboxylase (MTR7) control the distribution and cellular concentration of Gsp1p...
- Damelin M, Silver P. In situ analysis of spatial relationships between proteins of the nuclear pore complex. Biophys J. 2002;83:3626-36 pubmed..We suggest that the approach may serve as a prototype for the in situ study of other large macromolecular complexes. ..
- Dokudovskaya S, Waharte F, Schlessinger A, Pieper U, Devos D, Cristea I, et al. A conserved coatomer-related complex containing Sec13 and Seh1 dynamically associates with the vacuole in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Cell Proteomics. 2011;10:M110.006478 pubmed publisher..These data demonstrate that the SEA complex is an additional member of a family of membrane coating and vesicle tethering assemblies, extending the repertoire of protocoatomer-related complexes. ..
- Stage Zimmermann T, Schmidt U, Silver P. Factors affecting nuclear export of the 60S ribosomal subunit in vivo. Mol Biol Cell. 2000;11:3777-89 pubmed..Together, these data further define the requirements for ribosomal subunit export and suggest a biological function for KAP120. ..
- Lau D, Kunzler M, Braunwarth A, Hellmuth K, Podtelejnikov A, Mann M, et al. Purification of protein A-tagged yeast ran reveals association with a novel karyopherin beta family member, Pdr6p. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:467-71 pubmed..Thus, functional tagging of yeast Ran allowed the study of its in vivo distribution and interaction with known and novel Ran-binding proteins. ..
- Yao W, Lutzmann M, Hurt E. A versatile interaction platform on the Mex67-Mtr2 receptor creates an overlap between mRNA and ribosome export. EMBO J. 2008;27:6-16 pubmed..Chemical crosslinking identified Nup85 as the subunit in the Nup84 complex that directly binds to the Mex67 loop...
- Flemming D, Thierbach K, Stelter P, Bottcher B, Hurt E. Precise mapping of subunits in multiprotein complexes by a versatile electron microscopy label. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2010;17:775-8 pubmed publisher..This tag is readily visible on single particles and becomes exceptionally distinct after image processing and classification. Thus, our method is applicable for the exact topological mapping of subunits in macromolecular complexes. ..
- Yewdell W, Colombi P, Makhnevych T, Lusk C. Lumenal interactions in nuclear pore complex assembly and stability. Mol Biol Cell. 2011;22:1375-88 pubmed publisher..These findings support a role for Heh1p in the assembly or stability of the NPC, potentially through the formation of a lumenal bridge with Pom152p...
- Kosova B, Pante N, Rollenhagen C, Podtelejnikov A, Mann M, Aebi U, et al. Mlp2p, a component of nuclear pore attached intranuclear filaments, associates with nic96p. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:343-50 pubmed..Double disruption mutants of MLP1 and MLP2 are viable and apparently not impaired in nucleocytoplasmic transport. However, overproduction of MLP1 causes nuclear accumulation of poly(A)(+) RNA in a chromatin-free area of the nucleus...
- Teixeira M, Siniossoglou S, Podtelejnikov S, Benichou J, Mann M, Dujon B, et al. Two functionally distinct domains generated by in vivo cleavage of Nup145p: a novel biogenesis pathway for nucleoporins. EMBO J. 1997;16:5086-97 pubmed..These data suggest that N- and C-domains of Nup145p perform independent functions, and that the in vivo cleavage observed is of functional importance. ..