Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: NUP188
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Siniossoglou S, Santos Rosa H, Rappsilber J, Mann M, Hurt E. A novel complex of membrane proteins required for formation of a spherical nucleus. EMBO J. 1998;17:6449-64 pubmed..Thus, Spo7p and Nem1p, which exhibit a strong genetic link to nucleoporins of the Nup84p complex, fulfil an essential role in formation of a spherical nucleus and meiotic division. ..
- Tcheperegine S, Marelli M, Wozniak R. Topology and functional domains of the yeast pore membrane protein Pom152p. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:5252-8 pubmed..Furthermore, mutations in NUP188 were rescued only by full-length Pom152p, suggesting that the lumenal structures play an important role in the ..
- Alber F, Dokudovskaya S, Veenhoff L, Zhang W, Kipper J, Devos D, et al. The molecular architecture of the nuclear pore complex. Nature. 2007;450:695-701 pubmed..These findings provide clues to the evolutionary origins of the NPC. ..
- Regot S, de Nadal E, Rodriguez Navarro S, Gonzalez Novo A, Pérez Fernández J, Gadal O, et al. The Hog1 stress-activated protein kinase targets nucleoporins to control mRNA export upon stress. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:17384-98 pubmed publisher..Together, proper mRNA biogenesis of stress-responsive genes requires of the coordinate action of synthesis and export machineries by the Hog1 SAPK. ..
- Teixeira M, Siniossoglou S, Podtelejnikov S, Benichou J, Mann M, Dujon B, et al. Two functionally distinct domains generated by in vivo cleavage of Nup145p: a novel biogenesis pathway for nucleoporins. EMBO J. 1997;16:5086-97 pubmed..However, the N-Nup145p becomes essential in a nup188 mutant background...
- Witkin K, Friederichs J, COHEN FIX O, Jaspersen S. Changes in the nuclear envelope environment affect spindle pole body duplication in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Genetics. 2010;186:867-83 pubmed publisher..We propose a model whereby nuclear pore complexes either compete with the spindle pole body for insertion into the nuclear membrane or affect spindle pole body duplication by altering the nuclear envelope environment. ..
- Shulga N, James P, Craig E, Goldfarb D. A nuclear export signal prevents Saccharomyces cerevisiae Hsp70 Ssb1p from stimulating nuclear localization signal-directed nuclear transport. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:16501-7 pubmed..Elevated levels of SSA1 but not SSB1 suppressed the NLS-GFP nuclear localization defects of nup188-Delta cells...
- Bennett C, Westmoreland T, Verrier C, Blanchette C, Sabin T, Phatnani H, et al. Yeast screens identify the RNA polymerase II CTD and SPT5 as relevant targets of BRCA1 interaction. PLoS ONE. 2008;3:e1448 pubmed publisher..SPT5, CTK1, DEF1) to nucleopore-mediated mRNA export (ASM4, MLP1, MLP2, NUP2, NUP53, NUP120, NUP133, NUP170, NUP188, POM34) and cytoplasmic mRNA decay at P-bodies (CCR4, DHH1)...
- Damelin M, Silver P. In situ analysis of spatial relationships between proteins of the nuclear pore complex. Biophys J. 2002;83:3626-36 pubmed..We suggest that the approach may serve as a prototype for the in situ study of other large macromolecular complexes. ..
- Andersen K, Onischenko E, Tang J, Kumar P, Chen J, Ulrich A, et al. Scaffold nucleoporins Nup188 and Nup192 share structural and functional properties with nuclear transport receptors. elife. 2013;2:e00745 pubmed publisher..b>Nup188 and Nup192 are related and evolutionary conserved, large nucleoporins that are part of the NPC scaffold...
- Damelin M, Silver P. Mapping interactions between nuclear transport factors in living cells reveals pathways through the nuclear pore complex. Mol Cell. 2000;5:133-40 pubmed..These data demonstrate the utility of FRET in mapping dynamic protein interactions in a genetic system. Furthermore, the data indicate that an importin and exportin have overlapping pathways through the NPC. ..
- Fabre E, Hurt E. Yeast genetics to dissect the nuclear pore complex and nucleocytoplasmic trafficking. Annu Rev Genet. 1997;31:277-313 pubmed..We review here our current knowledge on the role of nucleoporins, and on the mechanism of nucleocytoplasmic transport, with emphasis on the yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae. ..
- Thomsen R, Saguez C, Nasser T, Jensen T. General, rapid, and transcription-dependent fragmentation of nucleolar antigens in S. cerevisiae mRNA export mutants. RNA. 2008;14:706-16 pubmed publisher..Consistent with a causal role of excess nuclear mRNA, nucleolar morphology in an mRNA export mutant environment remains intact when transcription by RNA polymerase II is inhibited. ..
- Yewdell W, Colombi P, Makhnevych T, Lusk C. Lumenal interactions in nuclear pore complex assembly and stability. Mol Biol Cell. 2011;22:1375-88 pubmed publisher..These findings support a role for Heh1p in the assembly or stability of the NPC, potentially through the formation of a lumenal bridge with Pom152p...