Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: NTC20
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Ben Yehuda S, Dix I, Russell C, McGarvey M, Beggs J, Kupiec M. Genetic and physical interactions between factors involved in both cell cycle progression and pre-mRNA splicing in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Genetics. 2000;156:1503-17 pubmed..and biochemical analysis, we show that the SYF gene products interact with each other and with four other proteins: Isy1p, Cef1p, Prp22p, and Ntc20p. We discuss the role played by these proteins in splicing and cell cycle progression.
- Chen C, Yu W, Tsao T, Wang L, Chen H, Lin J, et al. Functional and physical interactions between components of the Prp19p-associated complex. Nucleic Acids Res. 2002;30:1029-37 pubmed..and biochemical methods we previously identified four components of this complex, Ntc25p, Ntc85p, Ntc30p and Ntc20p, all of them being novel splicing factors...
- Liu Y, Chen H, Wu N, Cheng S. A novel splicing factor, Yju2, is associated with NTC and acts after Prp2 in promoting the first catalytic reaction of pre-mRNA splicing. Mol Cell Biol. 2007;27:5403-13 pubmed
- Chang K, Chen H, Cheng S. Ntc90 is required for recruiting first step factor Yju2 but not for spliceosome activation. RNA. 2009;15:1729-39 pubmed publisher..It forms a stable complex with Ntc31, Ntc30, and Ntc20 in the absence of Ntc25, when other interactions between NTC components are disrupted...
- Villa T, Guthrie C. The Isy1p component of the NineTeen complex interacts with the ATPase Prp16p to regulate the fidelity of pre-mRNA splicing. Genes Dev. 2005;19:1894-904 pubmed..We propose that deletion of ISY1 favors the premature release of Prp16p, thus promoting second-step chemistry of precursors with inappropriate 3'-splice sites. ..