Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: NRG1
Description: transcriptional regulator NRG1
Alias: transcriptional regulator NRG1
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Platara M, Ruiz A, Serrano R, Palomino A, Moreno F, Arino J. The transcriptional response of the yeast Na(+)-ATPase ENA1 gene to alkaline stress involves three main signaling pathways. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:36632-42 pubmed..ENA1, encoding a Na(+)-ATPase, whose induction by alkaline pH has been shown to involve calcineurin and the Rim101/Nrg1 pathway...
- Ikeda M, Kihara A, Denpoh A, Igarashi Y. The Rim101 pathway is involved in Rsb1 expression induced by altered lipid asymmetry. Mol Biol Cell. 2008;19:1922-31 pubmed publisher..activated transcription factor Rim101 induces Rsb1 expression via repression of another transcription repressor, Nrg1. Changes in lipid asymmetry are accompanied by cell surface exposure of negatively charged phospholipids; we ..
- Zhao Y, Xiong B, Xu H, Jiang L. Expression of NYV1 encoding the negative regulator of Pmc1 is repressed by two transcriptional repressors, Nrg1 and Mig1. FEBS Lett. 2014;588:3195-201 pubmed publisher..The calcium hypersensitivity of ESCRT mutants is mainly due to repressed expression of PMR1 through the Rim101/Nrg1 pathway in budding yeast...
- Snoek I, Tai S, Pronk J, Yde Steensma H, Daran J. Involvement of Snf7p and Rim101p in the transcriptional regulation of TIR1 and other anaerobically upregulated genes in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. FEMS Yeast Res. 2010;10:367-84 pubmed publisher..Further studies with deletion mutants in NRG1, NRG2 and SMP1, which were previously shown to be regulated by Rim101p, could not totally elucidate the TIR1 ..
- Ye T, Elbing K, Hohmann S. The pathway by which the yeast protein kinase Snf1p controls acquisition of sodium tolerance is different from that mediating glucose regulation. Microbiology. 2008;154:2814-26 pubmed publisher..Snf1p appears to be part of a wider functional network than previously anticipated and the full complexity of this network remains to be elucidated. ..
- Berkey C, Carlson M. A specific catalytic subunit isoform of protein kinase CK2 is required for phosphorylation of the repressor Nrg1 in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Curr Genet. 2006;50:1-10 pubmed..In this work, we present evidence that the transcriptional repressor Nrg1, which regulates various stress-responsive genes, is a downstream target of CK2 containing the Cka1 isoform...
- Ishigami M, Nakagawa Y, Hayakawa M, Iimura Y. FLO11 is the primary factor in flor formation caused by cell surface hydrophobicity in wild-type flor yeast. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2006;70:660-6 pubmed..Previously, we found that expression of the C-terminally truncated form of NRG1 (NRG1(1-470)) on a multicopy plasmid increases the hydrophobicity of the cell surface, conferring flor formation on ..
- van Dyk D, Pretorius I, Bauer F. Mss11p is a central element of the regulatory network that controls FLO11 expression and invasive growth in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Genetics. 2005;169:91-106 pubmed..Taken together, the data strongly suggest a central role for Mss11p in the regulatory network controlling FLO11 expression, invasive growth, and pseudohyphal differentiation. ..
- Alberti A, Lodi T, Ferrero I, Donnini C. MIG1-dependent and MIG1-independent regulation of GAL gene expression in Saccharomyces cerevisiae: role of Imp2p. Yeast. 2003;20:1085-96 pubmed..The Mig1-independent role depends on Nrg1p. However, disruption of both MIG1 and NRG1 only partially relieves the glucose repression of GAL genes in the Deltaimp2 mutant, indicating that Imp2 must also ..
- Lamb T, Mitchell A. The transcription factor Rim101p governs ion tolerance and cell differentiation by direct repression of the regulatory genes NRG1 and SMP1 in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Cell Biol. 2003;23:677-86 pubmed..Deletion mutations of the Rim101p repression targets NRG1 and SMP1 suppress rim101Delta mutant defects in ion tolerance, haploid invasive growth, and sporulation...
- Serra Cardona A, PetrezsÃ©lyovÃ¡ S, Canadell D, Ramos J, AriÃ±o J. Coregulated expression of the Na+/phosphate Pho89 transporter and Ena1 Na+-ATPase allows their functional coupling under high-pH stress. Mol Cell Biol. 2014;34:4420-35 pubmed publisher..through the calcium-activated phosphatase calcineurin, and it is under the control of several repressors (Mig2, Nrg1, and Nrg2) coordinately regulated by the Snf1 protein kinase and the Rim101 transcription factor...
- Lo T, Qu Y, Uwamahoro N, Quenault T, Beilharz T, Traven A. The mRNA decay pathway regulates the expression of the Flo11 adhesin and biofilm formation in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Genetics. 2012;191:1387-91 pubmed publisher..We establish that the major mRNA decay pathway regulates FLO11 expression. mRNA deadenylation of transcriptional repressors of FLO11 by the exonuclease Ccr4 keeps their levels low, thereby allowing FLO11 transcription. ..
- Kuchin S, Vyas V, Carlson M. Snf1 protein kinase and the repressors Nrg1 and Nrg2 regulate FLO11, haploid invasive growth, and diploid pseudohyphal differentiation. Mol Cell Biol. 2002;22:3994-4000 pubmed..We further show that Nrg1 and Nrg2, two repressor proteins that interact with Snf1, function as negative regulators of invasive growth and as ..
- Zhou H, Winston F. NRG1 is required for glucose repression of the SUC2 and GAL genes of Saccharomyces cerevisiae. BMC Genet. 2001;2:5 pubmed..By a screen for factors that control transcription of the glucose-repressible SUC2 gene of S. cerevisiae, the NRG1 gene was identified...