Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: NPR1
Description: serine/threonine protein kinase NPR1
Alias: serine/threonine protein kinase NPR1
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Pratt Z, Drehman B, Miller M, Johnston S. Mutual interdependence of MSI1 (CAC3) and YAK1 in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. J Mol Biol. 2007;368:30-43 pubmed..Taken together, these data demonstrate a novel interaction between Msi1p and Yak1p in which each protein influences the activity of the other. ..
- Kaufmann I, White E, Azad A, Marguerat S, Bahler J, Proudfoot N. Transcriptional activation of the general amino acid permease gene per1 by the histone deacetylase Clr6 Is regulated by Oca2 kinase. Mol Cell Biol. 2010;30:3396-410 pubmed publisher..Loss of Cha4 or Ago1 causes aberrant induction of per1 under noninducing conditions, suggesting that these proteins are also involved in per1 regulation and hence in nitrogen utilization. ..
- Talaia G, Gournas C, Saliba E, Barata Antunes C, Casal M, Andre B, et al. The ?-Arrestin Bul1p Mediates Lactate Transporter Endocytosis in Response to Alkalinization and Distinct Physiological Signals. J Mol Biol. 2017;429:3678-3695 pubmed publisher..Our results support a model where conformational changes of Jen1p, associated with substrate/H+ symport, are critical for the efficiency of Bul1p-dependent Jen1p turnover...
- Hirasaki M, Kaneko Y, Harashima S. Protein phosphatase Siw14 controls intracellular localization of Gln3 in cooperation with Npr1 kinase in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Gene. 2008;409:34-43 pubmed publisher..Because Gln3 (a phosphorylated transcriptional activator)-dependent transcription is induced by disruption of NPR1, we further examined the effect of disruption and overexpression of GLN3 on the caffeine sensitivity of the ..
- Vandenbol M, Jauniaux J, Grenson M. The Saccharomyces cerevisiae NPR1 gene required for the activity of ammonia-sensitive amino acid permeases encodes a protein kinase homologue. Mol Gen Genet. 1990;222:393-9 pubmedThe NPR1 gene of Saccharomyces cerevisiae plays a central role in controlling permease activity; its product is required to promote the activity of at least six distinct transport systems for nitrogenous nutrients under conditions of ..
- Dubouloz F, Deloche O, Wanke V, Cameroni E, De Virgilio C. The TOR and EGO protein complexes orchestrate microautophagy in yeast. Mol Cell. 2005;19:15-26 pubmed..Moreover, large-scale genetic analyses of the EGO complex confirm the existence of a growth control mechanism originating at the vacuolar membrane and pinpoint the amino acid glutamine as a key metabolite in TOR signaling. ..
- Gander S, Martin D, Hauri S, Moes S, Poletto G, Pagano M, et al. A modified KESTREL search reveals a basophilic substrate consensus for the Saccharomyces cerevisiae Npr1 protein kinase. J Proteome Res. 2009;8:5305-16 pubmed publisherThe Saccharomyces cerevisiae nitrogen permease reactivator Npr1 is a hyperphosphorylated protein that belongs to a family of Ser/Thr protein kinases dedicated to the regulation of plasma membrane transporters...
- Johnston S, Enomoto S, Schneper L, McClellan M, Twu F, Montgomery N, et al. CAC3(MSI1) suppression of RAS2(G19V) is independent of chromatin assembly factor I and mediated by NPR1. Mol Cell Biol. 2001;21:1784-94 pubmed..Deletion of NPR1, like overexpression of Cac3p, suppressed the RAS/cAMP pathway...
- Boeckstaens M, Merhi A, Llinares E, Van Vooren P, Springael J, Wintjens R, et al. Identification of a Novel Regulatory Mechanism of Nutrient Transport Controlled by TORC1-Npr1-Amu1/Par32. PLoS Genet. 2015;11:e1005382 pubmed publisher..We show that, under poor nitrogen supply, the TORC1 effector kinase' Npr1' promotes phosphorylation of Amu1/Par32 which appears mainly cytosolic while ammonium transport proteins are active...
- Feller A, Boeckstaens M, Marini A, Dubois E. Transduction of the nitrogen signal activating Gln3-mediated transcription is independent of Npr1 kinase and Rsp5-Bul1/2 ubiquitin ligase in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:28546-54 pubmed..Recently, the Npr1 kinase and the Rsp5, Bul1/2 ubiquitin ligase complex were reported to have antagonistic roles in the nuclear import ..
- Shimobayashi M, Oppliger W, Moes S, Jeno P, Hall M. TORC1-regulated protein kinase Npr1 phosphorylates Orm to stimulate complex sphingolipid synthesis. Mol Biol Cell. 2013;24:870-81 pubmed publisher..TORC1 inhibition activates the kinase Npr1 that directly phosphorylates and activates the Orm proteins...
- Boeckstaens M, Llinares E, Van Vooren P, Marini A. The TORC1 effector kinase Npr1 fine tunes the inherent activity of the Mep2 ammonium transport protein. Nat Commun. 2014;5:3101 pubmed publisher..The TORC1 effector kinase Npr1 and the upstream TORC1 regulator Npr2 control Mep2 transport activity by phospho-silencing a carboxy-terminal ..
- Primo C, Ferri Blázquez A, Loewith R, Yenush L. Reciprocal Regulation of Target of Rapamycin Complex 1 and Potassium Accumulation. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:563-574 pubmed publisher..Here, we show that overexpression of the target of rapamycin complex 1 (TORC1) effector NPR1 improves hal4 hal5 growth defects by stabilizing nutrient permeases at the plasma membrane...