Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: NOP7
Description: mRNA-binding ribosome synthesis protein NOP7
Alias: YPH1, mRNA-binding ribosome synthesis protein NOP7
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Harnpicharnchai P, Jakovljevic J, Horsey E, Miles T, Roman J, Rout M, et al. Composition and functional characterization of yeast 66S ribosome assembly intermediates. Mol Cell. 2001;8:505-15 pubmed..These results demonstrate that proteomic approaches in concert with genetic tools provide powerful means to purify and characterize ribosome assembly intermediates. ..
- Tang L, Sahasranaman A, Jakovljevic J, Schleifman E, Woolford J. Interactions among Ytm1, Erb1, and Nop7 required for assembly of the Nop7-subcomplex in yeast preribosomes. Mol Biol Cell. 2008;19:2844-56 pubmed publisher..The Nop7-subcomplex contains three assembly factors: Nop7, Erb1, and Ytm1, each of which is necessary for conversion of 27SA(..
- Lebreton A, Rousselle J, Lenormand P, Namane A, Jacquier A, Fromont Racine M, et al. 60S ribosomal subunit assembly dynamics defined by semi-quantitative mass spectrometry of purified complexes. Nucleic Acids Res. 2008;36:4988-99 pubmed publisher..These results led to the characterisation of the composition of early, intermediate and late pre-ribosomal complexes, specific for crucial maturation steps during 60S assembly in eukaryotes. ..
- Granneman S, Petfalski E, Tollervey D. A cluster of ribosome synthesis factors regulate pre-rRNA folding and 5.8S rRNA maturation by the Rat1 exonuclease. EMBO J. 2011;30:4006-19 pubmed publisher..Processing from A(3) requires the 'A(3)-cluster' proteins, including Cic1, Erb1, Nop7, Nop12 and Nop15, which show interdependent pre-rRNA binding...
- Oeffinger M, Leung A, Lamond A, Tollervey D, Lueng A. Yeast Pescadillo is required for multiple activities during 60S ribosomal subunit synthesis. RNA. 2002;8:626-36 pubmed..Nop7p is a component of at least three different pre-60S particles, and we propose that it carries out distinct functions in each of these complexes. ..
- Panse V, Kressler D, Pauli A, Petfalski E, Gnädig M, Tollervey D, et al. Formation and nuclear export of preribosomes are functionally linked to the small-ubiquitin-related modifier pathway. Traffic. 2006;7:1311-21 pubmed..Together our data suggest that sumoylation of preribosomal particles in the nucleus and subsequent desumoylation at the NPC is necessary for efficient ribosome biogenesis and export in eukaryotes. ..
- Sakumoto N, Yamashita H, Mukai Y, Kaneko Y, Harashima S. Dual-specificity protein phosphatase Yvh1p, which is required for vegetative growth and sporulation, interacts with yeast pescadillo homolog in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2001;289:608-15 pubmed..Two clones were identified encoding a segment of YPH1 (yeast pescadillo homolog), which is essential for cell cycle progression in yeast...
- Dembowski J, Kuo B, Woolford J. Has1 regulates consecutive maturation and processing steps for assembly of 60S ribosomal subunits. Nucleic Acids Res. 2013;41:7889-904 pubmed publisher..Thus, our data support a model in which Has1 helps to establish domain I architecture to prevent pre-rRNA turnover and couples domain I folding with consecutive pre-rRNA processing steps. ..
- Matsuo Y, Granneman S, Thoms M, Manikas R, Tollervey D, Hurt E. Coupled GTPase and remodelling ATPase activities form a checkpoint for ribosome export. Nature. 2014;505:112-116 pubmed publisher..We conclude that Nug2 is a regulatory GTPase that monitors pre-60S maturation, with release from its placeholder site linked to recruitment of the nuclear export machinery. ..
- RodrÃguez GalÃ¡n O, GarcÃa GÃ³mez J, Kressler D, de la Cruz J. Immature large ribosomal subunits containing the 7S pre-rRNA can engage in translation in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. RNA Biol. 2015;12:838-46 pubmed publisher..8s rrna. ..
- Trahan C, Oeffinger M. Targeted cross-linking-mass spectrometry determines vicinal interactomes within heterogeneous RNP complexes. Nucleic Acids Res. 2016;44:1354-69 pubmed publisher..RNA-associated complexes in Saccharomyces cerevisae, the mRNA export receptor Mex67:Mtr2 and the pre-ribosomal Nop7 subcomplex, we identified dynamic vicinal interactomes within those complexes and along their changing pathway ..
- Martin Marcos P, Hinnebusch A, Tamame M. Ribosomal protein L33 is required for ribosome biogenesis, subunit joining, and repression of GCN4 translation. Mol Cell Biol. 2007;27:5968-85 pubmed..We further demonstrate that rpl33a-G76R impairs the efficient processing of 35S and 27S pre-rRNAs and reduces the accumulation of all four mature rRNAs, indicating an important role for L33 in the biogenesis of both ribosomal subunits. ..
- Killian A, Le Meur N, Sesboué R, Bourguignon J, Bougeard G, Gautherot J, et al. Inactivation of the RRB1-Pescadillo pathway involved in ribosome biogenesis induces chromosomal instability. Oncogene. 2004;23:8597-602 pubmed..We demonstrate that RRB1 interacts with YPH1 (yeast pescadillo homologue 1) and other members of the Yph1 complex, RPL3, ERB1 and ORC6, involved in ribosome ..
- Yao Y, Demoinet E, Saveanu C, Lenormand P, Jacquier A, Fromont Racine M. Ecm1 is a new pre-ribosomal factor involved in pre-60S particle export. RNA. 2010;16:1007-17 pubmed publisher..These data highlight the involvement of many factors acting together to export pre-60S particles. ..
- Sarkar A, Pech M, Thoms M, Beckmann R, Hurt E. Ribosome-stalk biogenesis is coupled with recruitment of nuclear-export factor to the nascent 60S subunit. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2016;23:1074-1082 pubmed publisher..Thus, a spatiotemporal mark on the ribosomal stalk controls the recruitment of an RNA-export receptor to the nascent 60S subunit. ..
- Daoud R, Forget L, Lang B. Yeast mitochondrial RNase P, RNase Z and the RNA degradosome are part of a stable supercomplex. Nucleic Acids Res. 2012;40:1728-36 pubmed publisher..Finally, the question of mt-RNase P localization within mitochondria was investigated, by GFP-tracing of a known protein subunit (Rpm2p). We find that about equal fractions of RNase P are soluble versus membrane-attached. ..
- Francisco Velilla R, Remacha M, Ballesta J. Carboxy terminal modifications of the P0 protein reveal alternative mechanisms of nuclear ribosomal stalk assembly. Nucleic Acids Res. 2013;41:8628-36 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, in wild-type cells, the presence of nuclear pre-ribosome complexes containing P0 but not L12 is compatible with the existence of an alternative stalk assembly process. ..