Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: NOG1
Description: putative GTPase NOG1
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Miles T, Jakovljevic J, Horsey E, Harnpicharnchai P, Tang L, Woolford J. Ytm1, Nop7, and Erb1 form a complex necessary for maturation of yeast 66S preribosomes. Mol Cell Biol. 2005;25:10419-32 pubmed..Mutations in the WD40 motifs of Ytm1 disrupt binding to Erb1, destabilize the heterotrimer, and delay pre-rRNA processing and nuclear export of preribosomes. Nevertheless, 66S preribosomes lacking Ytm1 remain otherwise intact. ..
- Bassler J, Grandi P, Gadal O, Lessmann T, Petfalski E, Tollervey D, et al. Identification of a 60S preribosomal particle that is closely linked to nuclear export. Mol Cell. 2001;8:517-29 pubmed..Eight of these proteins were copurified with nuclear pore complexes, suggesting that this complex represents the transport intermediate for 60S subunit export. ..
- Bassler J, Kallas M, Hurt E. The NUG1 GTPase reveals and N-terminal RNA-binding domain that is essential for association with 60 S pre-ribosomal particles. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:24737-44 pubmed..Our findings suggest that Nug1 associates with pre-60 S subunits via its essential N-terminal RNA-binding domain and exerts a non-essential regulative role in pre-60 S subunit biogenesis via its central GTPase domain. ..
- Lebreton A, Saveanu C, Decourty L, Jacquier A, Fromont Racine M. Nsa2 is an unstable, conserved factor required for the maturation of 27 SB pre-rRNAs. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:27099-108 pubmed..We show that Nsa2 is a functional partner of the putative GTPase Nog1. In the absence of Nsa2, Nog1 was still able to associate with pre-ribosomal complexes blocked in maturation...
- Lo K, Li Z, Bussiere C, Bresson S, Marcotte E, Johnson A. Defining the pathway of cytoplasmic maturation of the 60S ribosomal subunit. Mol Cell. 2010;39:196-208 pubmed publisher..Finally, the release of Tif6 is a prerequisite for the release of the nuclear export adaptor Nmd3. Establishing this pathway provides an important conceptual framework for understanding ribosome maturation. ..
- Talkish J, Zhang J, Jakovljevic J, Horsey E, Woolford J. Hierarchical recruitment into nascent ribosomes of assembly factors required for 27SB pre-rRNA processing in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Nucleic Acids Res. 2012;40:8646-61 pubmed..Inhibition of TOR kinase decreases association of Rpf2, Spb4, Nog1 and Nog2 with pre-ribosomes.
- Park J, Jensen B, Kifer C, Parsons M. A novel nucleolar G-protein conserved in eukaryotes. J Cell Sci. 2001;114:173-185 pubmed..We show that NOG1 proteins in humans and Saccharomyces cerevisae are also nucleolar. The S...
- Defenouillère Q, Yao Y, Mouaikel J, Namane A, Galopier A, Decourty L, et al. Cdc48-associated complex bound to 60S particles is required for the clearance of aberrant translation products. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:5046-51 pubmed publisher..We propose that ubiquitination of the nascent peptide starts on the 80S and continues on the 60S, on which Cdc48 is recruited to escort the substrate for proteasomal degradation. ..
- Matsuo Y, Granneman S, Thoms M, Manikas R, Tollervey D, Hurt E. Coupled GTPase and remodelling ATPase activities form a checkpoint for ribosome export. Nature. 2014;505:112-116 pubmed publisher..We conclude that Nug2 is a regulatory GTPase that monitors pre-60S maturation, with release from its placeholder site linked to recruitment of the nuclear export machinery. ..
- Loibl M, Klein I, Prattes M, Schmidt C, Kappel L, Zisser G, et al. The drug diazaborine blocks ribosome biogenesis by inhibiting the AAA-ATPase Drg1. J Biol Chem. 2014;289:3913-22 pubmed publisher..Our results identify the first target of an inhibitor of ribosome biogenesis and provide the mechanism of inhibition of a key step in large ribosomal subunit formation. ..
- Sarkar A, Pech M, Thoms M, Beckmann R, Hurt E. Ribosome-stalk biogenesis is coupled with recruitment of nuclear-export factor to the nascent 60S subunit. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2016;23:1074-1082 pubmed publisher..Thus, a spatiotemporal mark on the ribosomal stalk controls the recruitment of an RNA-export receptor to the nascent 60S subunit. ..
- Kappel L, Loibl M, Zisser G, Klein I, Fruhmann G, Gruber C, et al. Rlp24 activates the AAA-ATPase Drg1 to initiate cytoplasmic pre-60S maturation. J Cell Biol. 2012;199:771-82 pubmed publisher..Our results show that release of Rlp24 by Drg1 defines a key event in large subunit formation that is a prerequisite for progression of cytoplasmic pre-60S maturation. ..
- Occhipinti L, Chang Y, Altvater M, Menet A, Kemmler S, Panse V. Non-FG mediated transport of the large pre-ribosomal subunit through the nuclear pore complex by the mRNA export factor Gle2. Nucleic Acids Res. 2013;41:8266-79 pubmed publisher..We propose that large complex cargos rely on non-FG as well as FG-interactions for their efficient translocation through the nuclear pore complex channel. ..
- Nissan T, Galani K, Maco B, Tollervey D, Aebi U, Hurt E. A pre-ribosome with a tadpole-like structure functions in ATP-dependent maturation of 60S subunits. Mol Cell. 2004;15:295-301 pubmed..Rea1 and the Rix1 complex could mediate ATP-dependent remodeling of 60S subunits and subsequent export from the nucleoplasm to the cytoplasm. ..