Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Nip7p
Description: ribosome biosynthesis protein NIP7
Alias: ribosome biosynthesis protein NIP7
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Fuentes J, Datta K, Sullivan S, Walker A, Maddock J. In vivo functional characterization of the Saccharomyces cerevisiae 60S biogenesis GTPase Nog1. Mol Genet Genomics. 2007;278:105-23 pubmed..Several conserved charge-to-alanine substitutions outside the GTPase domain display modest growth phenotypes indicating that these residues are not critical for function. ..
- Goldfeder M, Oliveira C. Utp25p, a nucleolar Saccharomyces cerevisiae protein, interacts with U3 snoRNP subunits and affects processing of the 35S pre-rRNA. FEBS J. 2010;277:2838-52 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that Utp25p is a novel SSU processome subunit involved in pre-40S maturation. ..
- Santos M, Goldfeder M, Zanchin N, Oliveira C. The essential nucleolar yeast protein Nop8p controls the exosome function during 60S ribosomal subunit maturation. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e21686 pubmed publisherThe yeast nucleolar protein Nop8p has previously been shown to interact with Nip7p and to be required for 60S ribosomal subunit formation...
- Talkish J, Zhang J, Jakovljevic J, Horsey E, Woolford J. Hierarchical recruitment into nascent ribosomes of assembly factors required for 27SB pre-rRNA processing in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Nucleic Acids Res. 2012;40:8646-61 pubmed..Inhibition of TOR kinase decreases association of Rpf2, Spb4, Nog1 and Nog2 with pre-ribosomes. ..
- Goldfeder M, Oliveira C. Cwc24p, a novel Saccharomyces cerevisiae nuclear ring finger protein, affects pre-snoRNA U3 splicing. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:2644-53 pubmed..These results led us to the conclusion that Cwc24p is involved in pre-U3 snoRNA splicing, indirectly affecting pre-rRNA processing. ..