Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: NHP10
Alias: HMO2, Nhp10p
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Tosi A, Haas C, Herzog F, Gilmozzi A, Berninghausen O, Ungewickell C, et al. Structure and subunit topology of the INO80 chromatin remodeler and its nucleosome complex. Cell. 2013;154:1207-19 pubmed publisher..The high-affinity nucleosome-binding Nhp10 module localizes to the body, whereas the module that contains actin, Arp4, and Arp8 maps to the foot...
- Charles G, Chen C, Shih S, Collins S, Beltrao P, Zhang X, et al. Site-specific acetylation mark on an essential chromatin-remodeling complex promotes resistance to replication stress. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:10620-5 pubmed publisher..These studies offer an example of acetylation of a chromatin-remodeling enzyme controlling a biological output of the system rather than regulating its core enzymatic properties. ..
- Yao W, King D, Beckwith S, Gowans G, Yen K, Zhou C, et al. The INO80 Complex Requires the Arp5-Ies6 Subcomplex for Chromatin Remodeling and Metabolic Regulation. Mol Cell Biol. 2016;36:979-91 pubmed publisher..Our results illustrate the dynamic nature of the INO80 complex assembly and demonstrate for the first time that a chromatin remodeler regulates glycolytic and respiratory capacity, thereby maintaining metabolic stability. ..
- Yao W, Beckwith S, Zheng T, Young T, Dinh V, Ranjan A, et al. Assembly of the Arp5 (Actin-related Protein) Subunit Involved in Distinct INO80 Chromatin Remodeling Activities. J Biol Chem. 2015;290:25700-9 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these results define the requirements of Arp5-Ies6 assembly, which are needed to couple ATP hydrolysis to productive nucleosome movement. ..
- Watanabe S, Tan D, Lakshminarasimhan M, Washburn M, Hong E, Walz T, et al. Structural analyses of the chromatin remodelling enzymes INO80-C and SWR-C. Nat Commun. 2015;6:7108 pubmed publisher..In contrast, the Ies6/Arp5 module is essential for INO80-C remodelling, and furthermore this module controls conformational changes that may couple nucleosome binding to remodelling. ..
- Sampath V, Liu B, Tafrov S, Srinivasan M, Rieger R, Chen E, et al. Biochemical characterization of Hpa2 and Hpa3, two small closely related acetyltransferases from Saccharomyces cerevisiae. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:21506-13 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that Hpa2 and Hpa3 are similar but distinct acetyltransferases that might have overlapping roles with other known acetyltransferases in vivo in acetylating histones and other small proteins. ..
- Biswas D, Takahata S, Xin H, Dutta Biswas R, Yu Y, Formosa T, et al. A role for Chd1 and Set2 in negatively regulating DNA replication in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Genetics. 2008;178:649-59 pubmed publisher..The pob3 defect in S-phase progression is suppressed by set2 or chd1 mutations, suggesting that Set2 and Chd1 have specific roles in negatively regulating DNA replication. ..
- Mizuguchi G, Shen X, Landry J, Wu W, Sen S, Wu C. ATP-driven exchange of histone H2AZ variant catalyzed by SWR1 chromatin remodeling complex. Science. 2004;303:343-8 pubmed..These findings define a previously unknown role for the adenosine triphosphate-dependent chromatin remodeling machinery. ..
- Au T, Rodriguez J, Vincent J, Tsukiyama T. ATP-dependent chromatin remodeling factors tune S phase checkpoint activity. Mol Cell Biol. 2011;31:4454-63 pubmed publisher..Following a transient replication stress, an isw2 nhp10 double mutant displays stronger and prolonged checkpoint activation without experiencing increased replication ..