Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: NEO1
Description: putative aminophospholipid-translocating P4-type ATPase NEO1
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Singer Krüger B, Lasić M, Bürger A, Hausser A, Pipkorn R, Wang Y. Yeast and human Ysl2p/hMon2 interact with Gga adaptors and mediate their subcellular distribution. EMBO J. 2008;27:1423-35 pubmed publisher..Deletion of either YSL2 or ARL1 causes mislocalization of Gga2p, whereas a neo1-69 mutant accumulates Gga2p on aberrant structures...
- Barbosa S, Pratte D, Schwarz H, Pipkorn R, Singer Krüger B. Oligomeric Dop1p is part of the endosomal Neo1p-Ysl2p-Arl1p membrane remodeling complex. Traffic. 2010;11:1092-106 pubmed publisher..dop1-3 cells accumulate multivesicular, elongated tubular and ring-like structures similar to those displayed by neo1 and ysl2 mutants...
- Catty P, de Kerchove d Exaerde A, Goffeau A. The complete inventory of the yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae P-type transport ATPases. FEBS Lett. 1997;409:325-32 pubmed..It is proposed that the latter family which has homologs in Tetrahymena thermophila, Plasmodium falciparum and Caenorhabditis elegans constitutes a new group called P4-ATPases with characteristic topology and aminoacid signatures. ..
- Brett C, Kallay L, Hua Z, Green R, Chyou A, Zhang Y, et al. Genome-wide analysis reveals the vacuolar pH-stat of Saccharomyces cerevisiae. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e17619 pubmed publisher..An independent genetic screen revealed that correction of pH(v) dysregulation in a neo1(ts) mutant restored viability whereas cholesterol accumulation in human NPC1(-/-) fibroblasts diminished upon ..
- Yamamoto T, Fujimura Kamada K, Shioji E, Suzuki R, Tanaka K. Cfs1p, a Novel Membrane Protein in the PQ-Loop Family, Is Involved in Phospholipid Flippase Functions in Yeast. G3 (Bethesda). 2017;7:179-192 pubmed publisher..Cfs1p may thus be a novel regulator of phospholipid asymmetry. ..