Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MUD1
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Gottschalk A, Tang J, Puig O, Salgado J, Neubauer G, Colot H, et al. A comprehensive biochemical and genetic analysis of the yeast U1 snRNP reveals five novel proteins. RNA. 1998;4:374-93 pubmed..Finally, we show that Nam8p/Mud15p contributes to the stability of U1 snRNP. ..
- Muddukrishna B, Jackson C, Yu M. Protein arginine methylation of Npl3 promotes splicing of the SUS1 intron harboring non-consensus 5' splice site and branch site. Biochim Biophys Acta Gene Regul Mech. 2017;1860:730-739 pubmed publisher..of Npl3 promotes its optimal association with the U1 snRNP through its association with the U1 snRNP subunit Mud1. Based on these data, we propose a model in which Hmt1, via arginine methylation of Npl3, facilitates U1 snRNP ..
- Rigaut G, Shevchenko A, Rutz B, Wilm M, Mann M, Seraphin B. A generic protein purification method for protein complex characterization and proteome exploration. Nat Biotechnol. 1999;17:1030-2 pubmed..Combined with mass spectrometry, the TAP strategy allows for the identification of proteins interacting with a given target protein. The TAP method has been tested in yeast but should be applicable to other cells or organisms. ..
- Schwer B, Shuman S. Structure-function analysis of the Yhc1 subunit of yeast U1 snRNP and genetic interactions of Yhc1 with Mud2, Nam8, Mud1, Tgs1, U1 snRNA, SmD3 and Prp28. Nucleic Acids Res. 2014;42:4697-711 pubmed publisher..YHC1-R21A was synthetically lethal in the absence of Mud2 and synthetically sick in the absence of Nam8, Mud1 and Tgs1 or in the presence of variant U1 snRNAs...
- Kawashima T, Douglass S, Gabunilas J, Pellegrini M, Chanfreau G. Widespread use of non-productive alternative splice sites in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. PLoS Genet. 2014;10:e1004249 pubmed publisher..cerevisiae but masked by RNA degradation and that the use of alternative splice sites in this organism is mostly aimed at controlling transcript levels rather than increasing proteome diversity. ..
- Agarwal R, Schwer B, Shuman S. Structure-function analysis and genetic interactions of the Luc7 subunit of the Saccharomyces cerevisiae U1 snRNP. RNA. 2016;22:1302-10 pubmed publisher..i) impaired the splicing of SUS1 pre-mRNA; (ii) was synthetically lethal absent other U1 snRNP constituents (Mud1, Nam8, the TMG cap, the C terminus of Snp1), absent the Mud2 subunit of the Msl5•Mud2 branchpoint binding complex,..
- Neves L, Douglass S, Spreafico R, Venkataramanan S, Kress T, Johnson T. The histone variant H2A.Z promotes efficient cotranscriptional splicing in S. cerevisiae. Genes Dev. 2017;31:702-717 pubmed publisher..Together, these data demonstrate that H2A.Z is required for efficient pre-mRNA splicing and indicate a role for H2A.Z in coordinating the kinetics of transcription elongation and splicing. ..
- Tang J, Rosbash M. Characterization of yeast U1 snRNP A protein: identification of the N-terminal RNA binding domain (RBD) binding site and evidence that the C-terminal RBD functions in splicing. RNA. 1996;2:1058-70 pubmed..We propose that the N-terminal RBD serves to tether the splicing-relevant C-terminal RBD to the snRNP. ..
- Schwer B, Kruchten J, Shuman S. Structure-function analysis and genetic interactions of the SmG, SmE, and SmF subunits of the yeast Sm protein ring. RNA. 2016;22:1320-8 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that six intact RNA binding sites in the Sm ring suffice for function but five sites may not. ..
- Chung S, Takizawa P. Multiple Myo4 motors enhance ASH1 mRNA transport in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. J Cell Biol. 2010;189:755-67 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that multiple, nonprocessive Myo4 motors can generate continuous transport of mRNA to the bud tip. ..
- Qiu Z, Schwer B, Shuman S. Two Routes to Genetic Suppression of RNA Trimethylguanosine Cap Deficiency via C-Terminal Truncation of U1 snRNP Subunit Snp1 or Overexpression of RNA Polymerase Subunit Rpo26. G3 (Bethesda). 2015;5:1361-70 pubmed publisher..The E124A and R135A alleles retained tgs1âˆ† suppressor activity, thereby establishing a separation-of-function. These results illuminate the structure activity profile of an essential RNA polymerase component. ..
- Kress T, Krogan N, Guthrie C. A single SR-like protein, Npl3, promotes pre-mRNA splicing in budding yeast. Mol Cell. 2008;32:727-34 pubmed publisher..This result provides strong evidence that an SR protein can promote recruitment of splicing factors to chromatin. ..
- Yeh C, Chang S, Chen J, Wang H, Chou Y, Wang C, et al. The conserved AU dinucleotide at the 5' end of nascent U1 snRNA is optimized for the interaction with nuclear cap-binding-complex. Nucleic Acids Res. 2017;45:9679-9693 pubmed publisher..Our data also provide a structural interpretation as to why the AU dinucleotide is conserved during evolution. ..