Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MTR3
Description: exosome non-catalytic core subunit MTR3
Alias: exosome non-catalytic core subunit MTR3
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Mitchell P, Petfalski E, Houalla R, Podtelejnikov A, Mann M, Tollervey D. Rrp47p is an exosome-associated protein required for the 3' processing of stable RNAs. Mol Cell Biol. 2003;23:6982-92 pubmed..We propose that Rrp47p functions as a substrate-specific nuclear cofactor for exosome activity in the processing of stable RNAs. ..
- Wang H, Wang J, Ding F, Callahan K, Bratkowski M, Butler J, et al. Architecture of the yeast Rrp44 exosome complex suggests routes of RNA recruitment for 3' end processing. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:16844-9 pubmed..The Rrp44-exosome (RE) architecture suggests an active site sequestration mechanism for strict control of 3' exoribonuclease activity in the RE complex. ..
- Houseley J, Kotovic K, El Hage A, Tollervey D. Trf4 targets ncRNAs from telomeric and rDNA spacer regions and functions in rDNA copy number control. EMBO J. 2007;26:4996-5006 pubmed..Degradation of the IGS1-R transcript was reduced in strains lacking TRAMP components, the core exosome protein Mtr3 or the nuclear-specific exosome component Rrp6...
- Bonneau F, Basquin J, Ebert J, Lorentzen E, Conti E. The yeast exosome functions as a macromolecular cage to channel RNA substrates for degradation. Cell. 2009;139:547-59 pubmed publisher..Although the catalytic function of the exosome core has been lost during evolution, the substrate recruitment and binding properties have been conserved from prokaryotes to eukaryotes. ..
- Synowsky S, van den Heuvel R, Mohammed S, Pijnappel P, Heck A. Probing genuine strong interactions and post-translational modifications in the heterogeneous yeast exosome protein complex. Mol Cell Proteomics. 2006;5:1581-92 pubmed..The described multiplexed mass spectrometry-based procedure is generic and thus applicable to many different types of cellular molecular machineries even if they are expressed at endogenous levels. ..
- Kowalinski E, Kögel A, Ebert J, Reichelt P, Stegmann E, Habermann B, et al. Structure of a Cytoplasmic 11-Subunit RNA Exosome Complex. Mol Cell. 2016;63:125-34 pubmed publisher..Knowledge of the interacting residues in the yeast complexes allowed us to identify a splice variant of human HBS1-Like as a Ski7-like exosome-binding protein, revealing the evolutionary conservation of this cytoplasmic cofactor. ..
- Liu J, Bratkowski M, Liu X, Niu C, Ke A, Wang H. Visualization of distinct substrate-recruitment pathways in the yeast exosome by EM. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2014;21:95-102 pubmed publisher..Our results provide mechanistic explanations for several RNA processing scenarios by the eukaryotic exosome and indicate substrate-specific modes of degradation by this complex. ..
- Azzouz N, Panasenko O, Colau G, Collart M. The CCR4-NOT complex physically and functionally interacts with TRAMP and the nuclear exosome. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e6760 pubmed publisher..Our findings connect for the first time the different players involved in nuclear and cytoplasmic RNA degradation. ..
- Synowsky S, van Wijk M, Raijmakers R, Heck A. Comparative multiplexed mass spectrometric analyses of endogenously expressed yeast nuclear and cytoplasmic exosomes. J Mol Biol. 2009;385:1300-13 pubmed publisher..We show that the nuclear exosome selectively copurifies with the alpha/beta importin heterodimer, which is known to be involved in the transport of proteins across the nuclear membrane. ..
- Granato D, Machado Santelli G, Oliveira C. Nop53p interacts with 5.8S rRNA co-transcriptionally, and regulates processing of pre-rRNA by the exosome. FEBS J. 2008;275:4164-78 pubmed publisher..Consistent with this observation and similar to the observed in exosome mutants, depletion of Nop53p leads to accumulation of polyadenylated pre-rRNAs. ..
- Taverner T, Hernandez H, Sharon M, Ruotolo B, Matak Vinkovic D, Devos D, et al. Subunit architecture of intact protein complexes from mass spectrometry and homology modeling. Acc Chem Res. 2008;41:617-27 pubmed publisher..Overall therefore this mass spectrometry and homology modeling approach has given significant insight into the structure of two previously intractable protein complexes and as such has broad application in structural biology. ..
- Kadowaki T, Schneiter R, Hitomi M, Tartakoff A. Mutations in nucleolar proteins lead to nucleolar accumulation of polyA+ RNA in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Biol Cell. 1995;6:1103-10 pubmed..Nevertheless, we here report that a Saccharomyces cerevisiae gene, MTR3, previously implicated in mRNA transport, codes for a novel essential 28-kDa nucleolar protein...
- Frenk S, Oxley D, Houseley J. The nuclear exosome is active and important during budding yeast meiosis. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e107648 pubmed publisher..Together, our results show that the nuclear exosome remains active in meiosis and has an important role in facilitating meiotic recombination. ..
- Liu J, Niu C, Wu Y, Tan D, Wang Y, Ye M, et al. CryoEM structure of yeast cytoplasmic exosome complex. Cell Res. 2016;26:822-37 pubmed publisher..Further structural analysis of exosomes with RNA substrates harboring 3' overhangs of different length suggests a switch mechanism of RNA-induced exosome activation in the through-core pathway of RNA processing. ..
- Luz J, Tavares J, Gonzales F, Santos M, Oliveira C. Analysis of the Saccharomyces cerevisiae exosome architecture and of the RNA binding activity of Rrp40p. Biochimie. 2007;89:686-91 pubmed..We also show evidence that Rrp40p can bind RNA in vitro, as predicted by sequence analysis. ..