Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MTR2
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Hung N, Lo K, Patel S, Helmke K, Johnson A. Arx1 is a nuclear export receptor for the 60S ribosomal subunit in yeast. Mol Biol Cell. 2008;19:735-44 pubmed..Recently the general mRNA export factor, the Mtr2/Mex67 heterodimer, was shown to act as an export receptor in parallel with Crm1...
- Faza M, Kemmler S, Jimeno S, González Aguilera C, Aguilera A, Hurt E, et al. Sem1 is a functional component of the nuclear pore complex-associated messenger RNA export machinery. J Cell Biol. 2009;184:833-46 pubmed publisher..Thus, Sem1 is a versatile protein that might stabilize multiple protein complexes involved in diverse pathways. ..
- Santos Rosa H, Moreno H, Simos G, Segref A, Fahrenkrog B, Pante N, et al. Nuclear mRNA export requires complex formation between Mex67p and Mtr2p at the nuclear pores. Mol Cell Biol. 1998;18:6826-38 pubmedWe have identified between Mex67p and Mtr2p a complex which is essential for mRNA export. This complex, either isolated from yeast or assembled in Escherichia coli, can bind in vitro to RNA through Mex67p...
- Fribourg S, Conti E. Structural similarity in the absence of sequence homology of the messenger RNA export factors Mtr2 and p15. EMBO Rep. 2003;4:699-703 pubmedThe association between Mtr2 and Mex67 is essential for the nuclear export of bulk messenger RNA in yeast. In metazoans, the analogous function is carried out by the TAP-p15 heterodimer...
- Chatterjee K, Majumder S, Wan Y, Shah V, Wu J, Huang H, et al. Sharing the load: Mex67-Mtr2 cofunctions with Los1 in primary tRNA nuclear export. Genes Dev. 2017;31:2186-2198 pubmed publisher..Here, we provide molecular, genetic, cytological, and biochemical evidence that the Mex67-Mtr2 (TAP-p15) heterodimer, best characterized for its essential role in mRNA nuclear export, cofunctions with Los1 in ..
- Kadowaki T, Hitomi M, Chen S, Tartakoff A. Nuclear mRNA accumulation causes nucleolar fragmentation in yeast mtr2 mutant. Mol Biol Cell. 1994;5:1253-63 pubmed..One of these genes, MTR2, has been cloned and shown to encode a novel 21-kDa nuclear protein that is essential for vegetative growth...
- Ting Y, Lu T, Johnson A, Shie J, Chen B, Kumar S S, et al. Bcp1 Is the Nuclear Chaperone of Rpl23 in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:585-596 pubmed publisher..Loss of Bcp1 causes instability of Rpl23 and deficiency of 60S subunits. In summary, Bcp1 is a novel 60S biogenesis factor via chaperoning Rpl23 in the nucleus. ..
- Occhipinti L, Chang Y, Altvater M, Menet A, Kemmler S, Panse V. Non-FG mediated transport of the large pre-ribosomal subunit through the nuclear pore complex by the mRNA export factor Gle2. Nucleic Acids Res. 2013;41:8266-79 pubmed publisher..We propose that large complex cargos rely on non-FG as well as FG-interactions for their efficient translocation through the nuclear pore complex channel. ..
- Loibl M, Klein I, Prattes M, Schmidt C, Kappel L, Zisser G, et al. The drug diazaborine blocks ribosome biogenesis by inhibiting the AAA-ATPase Drg1. J Biol Chem. 2014;289:3913-22 pubmed publisher..Our results identify the first target of an inhibitor of ribosome biogenesis and provide the mechanism of inhibition of a key step in large ribosomal subunit formation. ..
- Lei E, Stern C, Fahrenkrog B, Krebber H, Moy T, Aebi U, et al. Sac3 is an mRNA export factor that localizes to cytoplasmic fibrils of nuclear pore complex. Mol Biol Cell. 2003;14:836-47 pubmed..Mex67, along with its cofactor Mtr2, is thought to promote ribonucleoparticle translocation by interacting directly with components of the nuclear pore ..
- Lim S, Kwak J, Kim M, Lee D. Separation of a functional deubiquitylating module from the SAGA complex by the proteasome regulatory particle. Nat Commun. 2013;4:2641 pubmed publisher..The rpt2-1 mutant also exhibits impaired localization of the TREX-2 and MEX67-MTR2 complexes and is defective in mRNA export...
- Aibara S, Valkov E, Lamers M, Stewart M. Domain organization within the nuclear export factor Mex67:Mtr2 generates an extended mRNA binding surface. Nucleic Acids Res. 2015;43:1927-36 pubmed publisherThe Mex67:Mtr2 complex is the principal yeast nuclear export factor for bulk mRNA and also contributes to ribosomal subunit export...
- Fischer U, SchÃ¤uble N, SchÃ¼tz S, Altvater M, Chang Y, Faza M, et al. A non-canonical mechanism for Crm1-export cargo complex assembly. elife. 2015;4: pubmed publisher..This mechanism could represent one solution to the paradox of weak binding events underlying rapid Crm1-mediated export. ..
- Trahan C, Oeffinger M. Targeted cross-linking-mass spectrometry determines vicinal interactomes within heterogeneous RNP complexes. Nucleic Acids Res. 2016;44:1354-69 pubmed publisher..the method to two conserved RNA-associated complexes in Saccharomyces cerevisae, the mRNA export receptor Mex67:Mtr2 and the pre-ribosomal Nop7 subcomplex, we identified dynamic vicinal interactomes within those complexes and along ..
- Sarkar A, Pech M, Thoms M, Beckmann R, Hurt E. Ribosome-stalk biogenesis is coupled with recruitment of nuclear-export factor to the nascent 60S subunit. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2016;23:1074-1082 pubmed publisher..Here we describe the mechanism of recruitment of the Saccharomyces cerevisiae RNA-export receptor Mex67-Mtr2 to the pre-60S subunit at the proper time...