Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MTR10
Alias: KAP111, Mtr10p
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Takano A, Kajita T, Mochizuki M, Endo T, Yoshihisa T. Cytosolic Hsp70 and co-chaperones constitute a novel system for tRNA import into the nucleus. elife. 2015;4: pubmed publisher..These results unveil a novel function of the Ssa2p system as a tRNA carrier for nuclear import by a novel mode of substrate recognition. Such Ssa2p-mediated tRNA import likely contributes to quality control of cytosolic tRNAs. ..
- Windgassen M, Sturm D, Cajigas I, Gonzalez C, Seedorf M, Bastians H, et al. Yeast shuttling SR proteins Npl3p, Gbp2p, and Hrb1p are part of the translating mRNPs, and Npl3p can function as a translational repressor. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:10479-91 pubmed..Moreover, using sucrose density gradient analysis, we provide evidence that the import receptor Mtr10p, but not the SR protein kinase Sky1p, is involved in the timely regulated release of Npl3p from polysome-..
- Murthi A, Shaheen H, Huang H, Preston M, Lai T, Phizicky E, et al. Regulation of tRNA bidirectional nuclear-cytoplasmic trafficking in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Biol Cell. 2010;21:639-49 pubmed publisher..Retrograde import of tRNA into the nucleus is dependent, directly or indirectly, upon Mtr10. tRNA nuclear export utilizes at least two members of the beta-importin family...
- Neville M, Stutz F, Lee L, Davis L, Rosbash M. The importin-beta family member Crm1p bridges the interaction between Rev and the nuclear pore complex during nuclear export. Curr Biol. 1997;7:767-75 pubmed..Our findings also agree well with current experiments on Crm1p orthologs in Schizosaccharomyces pombe and in vertebrate systems. ..
- Shou W, Deshaies R. Multiple telophase arrest bypassed (tab) mutants alleviate the essential requirement for Cdc15 in exit from mitosis in S. cerevisiae. BMC Genet. 2002;3:4 pubmed..Finally, TAB1 was shown to be MTR10, a gene encoding nuclear transport receptor/adaptor...
- Huang H, Hopper A. In vivo biochemical analyses reveal distinct roles of Î²-importins and eEF1A in tRNA subcellular traffic. Genes Dev. 2015;29:772-83 pubmed publisher..Assembly and/or stability of this quaternary complex requires Tef1/2, thereby facilitating efficient re-export of aminoacylated tRNAs to the cytoplasm. ..