Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MTF1
Description: RNA polymerase specificity factor
Alias: RNA polymerase specificity factor
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Cliften P, Jang S, Jaehning J. Identifying a core RNA polymerase surface critical for interactions with a sigma-like specificity factor. Mol Cell Biol. 2000;20:7013-23 pubmed
- Cliften P, Park J, Davis B, Jang S, Jaehning J. Identification of three regions essential for interaction between a sigma-like factor and core RNA polymerase. Genes Dev. 1997;11:2897-909 pubmed..Our results demonstrate that interactions between sigma-like specificity factors and core RNA polymerases require multiple regions from both components of the holoenzymes. ..
- Lisowsky T, Michaelis G. Mutations in the genes for mitochondrial RNA polymerase and a second mitochondrial transcription factor of Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Gen Genet. 1989;219:125-8 pubmed..The temperature-sensitive lesion of mutant pet-ts798 can be suppressed by a second nuclear gene RF1023 (mtf1) when inserted into a high copy number plasmid...
- Velazquez G, Sousa R, Brieba L. The thumb subdomain of yeast mitochondrial RNA polymerase is involved in processivity, transcript fidelity and mitochondrial transcription factor binding. RNA Biol. 2015;12:514-24 pubmed publisher..and, unexpectedly, thumb subdomain deletions decrease the binding affinity for mitochondrial transcription factor (Mtf1). The latter suggests that the thumb subdomain is part of an extended binding surface area involved in binding Mtf1...
- Deshpande A, Patel S. Interactions of the yeast mitochondrial RNA polymerase with the +1 and +2 promoter bases dictate transcription initiation efficiency. Nucleic Acids Res. 2014;42:11721-32 pubmed publisher..the efficiency of transcription initiation by the mitochondrial RNA polymerase Rpo41 and its initiation factor Mtf1. We used 2-aminopurine fluorescence to monitor promoter melting and measured the kcat/Km of 2-mer synthesis to ..
- Yang X, Chang H, Yin Y. Yeast Mitochondrial Transcription Factor Mtf1 Determines the Precision of Promoter-Directed Initiation of RNA Polymerase Rpo41. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0136879 pubmed publisher..mitochondrial RNA polymerase, Rpo41, and have found that the N-terminal region does not abolish the effects of Mtf1; rather it contributes directly to enzyme catalysis...
- Ramachandran A, Nandakumar D, Deshpande A, Lucas T, R Bhojappa R, Tang G, et al. The Yeast Mitochondrial RNA Polymerase and Transcription Factor Complex Catalyzes Efficient Priming of DNA Synthesis on Single-stranded DNA. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:16828-39 pubmed publisher..we show that the Saccharomyces cerevisiae mitochondrial RNA polymerase (Rpo41) and its transcription factor (Mtf1) is an efficient primase that initiates DNA synthesis on ssDNA coated with the yeast mitochondrial ssDNA-binding ..
- Vögtle F, Burkhart J, Rao S, Gerbeth C, Hinrichs J, Martinou J, et al. Intermembrane space proteome of yeast mitochondria. Mol Cell Proteomics. 2012;11:1840-52 pubmed publisher..We present here the first and comprehensive proteome of IMS proteins of yeast mitochondria with 51 proteins in total. The IMS proteome will serve as a valuable source for further studies on the role of the IMS in cell life and death. ..
- Markov D, Savkina M, Anikin M, Del Campo M, Ecker K, Lambowitz A, et al. Identification of proteins associated with the yeast mitochondrial RNA polymerase by tandem affinity purification. Yeast. 2009;26:423-40 pubmed publisher..Further, we found that Mss116p inhibits transcription by mtRNAP in vitro in a steady-state reaction. Our results support the hypothesis that Mss116p and Pet127p are involved in modulation of mtRNAP activity. ..
- Strasser K, Masuda S, Mason P, Pfannstiel J, Oppizzi M, Rodriguez Navarro S, et al. TREX is a conserved complex coupling transcription with messenger RNA export. Nature. 2002;417:304-8 pubmed..Our data indicate that the TREX complex has a conserved role in coupling transcription to mRNA export. ..
- Riemen G, Michaelis G. A point mutation in the core subunit gene of yeast mitochondrial RNA polymerase is suppressed by a high level of specificity factor MTF1. Mol Gen Genet. 1993;237:49-57 pubmed..The nuclear gene MTF1, previously isolated as a high copy suppressor of mutant rpo41/pet-ts798, and its gene product were characterized ..