Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MSS4
Description: 1-phosphatidylinositol-4-phosphate 5-kinase
Alias: 1-phosphatidylinositol-4-phosphate 5-kinase
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Helliwell S, Howald I, Barbet N, Hall M. TOR2 is part of two related signaling pathways coordinating cell growth in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Genetics. 1998;148:99-112 pubmed..Overexpression of MSS4, PKC1, PLC1, RHO2, ROM2, or SUR1 suppressed the growth defect of a class A mutant...
- Khadka B, Gupta R. Identification of a conserved 8 aa insert in the PIP5K protein in the Saccharomycetaceae family of fungi and the molecular dynamics simulations and structural analysis to investigate its potential functional role. Proteins. 2017;85:1454-1467 pubmed publisher..Proteins 2017; 85:1454-1467. © 2017 Wiley Periodicals, Inc. ..
- Hatakeyama R, Kono K, Yoshida S. Ypk1 and Ypk2 kinases maintain Rho1 at the plasma membrane by flippase-dependent lipid remodeling after membrane stresses. J Cell Sci. 2017;130:1169-1178 pubmed publisher..Since all the signaling molecules studied here are conserved in higher eukaryotes, our findings might represent a general mechanism to cope with PM stress. ..
- Ling Y, Stefan C, MacGurn J, Audhya A, Emr S. The dual PH domain protein Opy1 functions as a sensor and modulator of PtdIns(4,5)P? synthesis. EMBO J. 2012;31:2882-94 pubmed publisher..We show that the conserved PtdIns(4)P 5-kinase, Mss4, forms dynamic, oligomeric structures at the PM that we term PIK patches...
- Desrivieres S, Cooke F, Morales Johansson H, Parker P, Hall M. Calmodulin controls organization of the actin cytoskeleton via regulation of phosphatidylinositol (4,5)-bisphosphate synthesis in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Biochem J. 2002;366:945-51 pubmed..In the present study, we describe a mechanism controlling MSS4, the sole phosphatidylinositol (4)-phosphate 5-kinase in Saccharomyces cerevisiae...
- Kobayashi T, Takematsu H, Yamaji T, Hiramoto S, Kozutsumi Y. Disturbance of sphingolipid biosynthesis abrogates the signaling of Mss4, phosphatidylinositol-4-phosphate 5-kinase, in yeast. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:18087-94 pubmed..We characterized a novel multicopy suppressor gene of ISP-1-mediated cell death in yeast, MSS4. MSS4 encodes a phosphatidylinositol-4-phosphate 5-kinase that synthesizes phosphatidylinositol (4,5)-bisphosphate (..
- Morales Johansson H, Jenoe P, Cooke F, Hall M. Negative regulation of phosphatidylinositol 4,5-bisphosphate levels by the INP51-associated proteins TAX4 and IRS4. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:39604-10 pubmed..The interaction between TAX4/IRS4 and INP51 is analogous to the association of EPS15 with the 5-phosphatase synaptojanin 1 in mammalian cells, suggesting that EPS15 is an activator of synaptojanin 1. ..
- Li X, Du Y, Siegel S, Ferro Novick S, Novick P. Activation of the mitogen-activated protein kinase, Slt2p, at bud tips blocks a late stage of endoplasmic reticulum inheritance in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Biol Cell. 2010;21:1772-82 pubmed publisher..The PI4P5-kinase, Mss4p, is an upstream activator of this pool of Slt2p. Ptc1p-dependant inactivation of Slt2p is also needed for mitochondrial inheritance; however, in this case, the relevant pool of Slt2p is not at the bud tip. ..
- Beeler T, Bacikova D, Gable K, Hopkins L, Johnson C, Slife H, et al. The Saccharomyces cerevisiae TSC10/YBR265w gene encoding 3-ketosphinganine reductase is identified in a screen for temperature-sensitive suppressors of the Ca2+-sensitive csg2Delta mutant. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:30688-94 pubmed..The recombinant protein catalyzes the NADPH-dependent reduction of 3-ketosphinganine. These data indicate that Tsc10p is necessary and sufficient for catalyzing the NADPH-dependent reduction of 3-ketosphinganine to dihydrosphingosine. ..
- Desrivieres S, Cooke F, Parker P, Hall M. MSS4, a phosphatidylinositol-4-phosphate 5-kinase required for organization of the actin cytoskeleton in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:15787-93 pubmedThe Saccharomyces cerevisiae protein MSS4 is essential and homologous to mammalian phosphatidylinositol-4-phosphate (PI(4)P) 5-kinases. Here, we demonstrate that MSS4 is a lipid kinase...
- Yoshida S, Ohya Y, Nakano A, Anraku Y. Genetic interactions among genes involved in the STT4-PKC1 pathway of Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Gen Genet. 1994;242:631-40 pubmed..We also describe the MSS4 gene, a multicopy suppressor of the temperature-sensitive stt4-1 mutation...
- Wang K, Yang Z, Liu X, Mao K, Nair U, Klionsky D. Phosphatidylinositol 4-kinases are required for autophagic membrane trafficking. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:37964-72 pubmed publisher..the Golgi and is involved in both nonselective and selective types of autophagy, whereas the PtdIns4P 5-kinase Mss4 is specifically involved in mitophagy but not nonselective autophagy...
- Onishi M, Ko N, Nishihama R, Pringle J. Distinct roles of Rho1, Cdc42, and Cyk3 in septum formation and abscission during yeast cytokinesis. J Cell Biol. 2013;202:311-29 pubmed publisher..This work suggests a general role for the catalytically inactive transglutaminases of fungi and animals, some of which have previously been implicated in cytokinesis. ..