Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MSH5
Description: MutS family protein MSH5
Alias: MutS family protein MSH5
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Thacker D, Mohibullah N, Zhu X, Keeney S. Homologue engagement controls meiotic DNA break number and distribution. Nature. 2014;510:241-6 pubmed publisher..Thus, feedback tied to ZMM function contributes in unexpected ways to spatial patterning of recombination. ..
- Chan A, Borts R, Hoffmann E. Temperature-dependent modulation of chromosome segregation in msh4 mutants of budding yeast. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e7284 pubmed publisher..In budding yeast, the evolutionarily conserved mismatch-repair paralogues, Msh4 and Msh5, promote crossover formation in conjunction with several other proteins, collectively termed the Synapsis ..
- Nishant K, Chen C, Shinohara M, Shinohara A, Alani E. Genetic analysis of baker's yeast Msh4-Msh5 reveals a threshold crossover level for meiotic viability. PLoS Genet. 2010;6: pubmed publisherDuring meiosis, the Msh4-Msh5 complex is thought to stabilize single-end invasion intermediates that form during early stages of recombination and subsequently bind to Holliday junctions to facilitate crossover formation...
- Sonntag Brown M, Lim E, Chen C, Nishant K, Alani E. Genetic analysis of mlh3 mutations reveals interactions between crossover promoting factors during meiosis in baker's yeast. G3 (Bethesda). 2013;3:9-22 pubmed publisher..In baker's yeast, two heterodimeric complexes, Msh4-Msh5 and Mlh1-Mlh3, act in meiosis to promote interference-dependent crossing over...
- Hong E, Roeder G. A role for Ddc1 in signaling meiotic double-strand breaks at the pachytene checkpoint. Genes Dev. 2002;16:363-76 pubmed..The Rad24 checkpoint protein interacts with Ddc1 and with recombination proteins (Sae1, Sae2, Rad57, and Msh5) in the two-hybrid protein system, suggesting that Rad24 also functions at DSB sites...
- Voelkel Meiman K, Cheng S, Morehouse S, MacQueen A. Synaptonemal Complex Proteins of Budding Yeast Define Reciprocal Roles in MutS?-Mediated Crossover Formation. Genetics. 2016;203:1091-103 pubmed publisher..The latter class directly or indirectly limits MutS?-mediated crossovers along meiotic chromosomes. Our findings illustrate how reciprocal roles in crossover recombination can be simultaneously linked to the SC structure. ..