Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MSB3
Description: Rab GTPase-activating protein MSB3
Alias: GYP3, Rab GTPase-activating protein MSB3
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- John Peter A, Lachmann J, Rana M, Bunge M, Cabrera M, Ungermann C. The BLOC-1 complex promotes endosomal maturation by recruiting the Rab5 GTPase-activating protein Msb3. J Cell Biol. 2013;201:97-111 pubmed publisher..Additionally, our data show that BLOC-1 is both a Vps21 effector and an adapter for its GAP Msb3. BLOC-1 and Msb3 interacted in vivo, and both mutants resulted in a redistribution of active Vps21 to the vacuole ..
- Li X, Ferro Novick S, Novick P. Different polarisome components play distinct roles in Slt2p-regulated cortical ER inheritance in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Biol Cell. 2013;24:3145-54 pubmed publisher..Our results point to a common mechanism for the regulation of ER inheritance in which Slt2p activity at the bud tip controls the association of the ER with the actin-based cytoskeleton...
- Biver S, Portetelle D, Vandenbol M. Multicopy suppression screen in a Saccharomyces cerevisiae strain lacking the Rab GTPase-activating protein Msb3p. Biotechnol Lett. 2011;33:123-9 pubmed publisher..To see if Msb3p might play an additional, specific role, we first tested the sensitivities of msb3 and msb4 mutant strains to different drugs and then screened a genomic library for multicopy suppressors of msb3 ..
- Iwanejko L, Smith K, Loeillet S, Nicolas A, Fabre F. Disruption and functional analysis of six ORFs on chromosome XV: YOL117w, YOL115w ( TRF4), YOL114c, YOL112w ( MSB4), YOL111c and YOL072w. Yeast. 1999;15:1529-39 pubmed..Mutants disrupted for YOL072w, the predicted product of which is unrelated to any protein of known function, grow slowly, are cold-sensitive and sporulate with reduced efficiency. ..
- Rana M, Lachmann J, Ungermann C. Identification of a Rab GTPase-activating protein cascade that controls recycling of the Rab5 GTPase Vps21 from the vacuole. Mol Biol Cell. 2015;26:2535-49 pubmed publisher..BLOC-1 complex as an effector of the yeast Rab5 Vps21, which also recruits the GTPase-activating protein (GAP) Msb3. This raises the question of when Vps21 is inactivated on endosomes...
- Mayordomo I, Sanz P. The Saccharomyces cerevisiae 14-3-3 protein Bmh2 is required for regulation of the phosphorylation status of Fin1, a novel intermediate filament protein. Biochem J. 2002;365:51-6 pubmed..We also identified components of the vesicular transport machinery such as Gic2 and Msb3, proteins involved in transcriptional regulation such as Mbf1, Gcr2 and Reg2, and a variety of other different ..
- Bach S, Bouchat O, Portetelle D, Vandenbol M. Co-deletion of the MSB3 and MSB4 coding regions affects bipolar budding and perturbs the organization of the actin cytoskeleton. Yeast. 2000;16:1015-23 pubmed..the cellular functions of these proteins, we constructed single and double yeast mutants by disrupting the MSB3 gene, the MSB4 gene, or both...
- Kozminski K, Alfaro G, Dighe S, Beh C. Homologues of oxysterol-binding proteins affect Cdc42p- and Rho1p-mediated cell polarization in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Traffic. 2006;7:1224-42 pubmed..Disruption of all OSH gene function caused specific defects in polarized exocytosis, indicating that the Osh proteins are collectively required for a secretory pathway implicated in the maintenance of polarized growth. ..
- Zanolari B, Rockenbauch U, Trautwein M, Clay L, Barral Y, Spang A. Transport to the plasma membrane is regulated differently early and late in the cell cycle in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. J Cell Sci. 2011;124:1055-66 pubmed publisher..We propose that transport to and from the bud neck is regulated differently in small- and large-budded cells, and differs early and late in the cell cycle. ..
- Bizimungu C, De Neve N, Burny A, Bach S, Bontemps F, Portetelle D, et al. Expression in a RabGAP yeast mutant of two human homologues, one of which is an oncogene. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2003;310:498-504 pubmed..the biochemical function of Tre2 oncogene, we expressed its cDNA and, as a control, the RN-tre cDNA, in an msb3 msb4 double mutant yeast strain...