Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MRT4
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Francisco Velilla R, Remacha M, Ballesta J. Carboxy terminal modifications of the P0 protein reveal alternative mechanisms of nuclear ribosomal stalk assembly. Nucleic Acids Res. 2013;41:8628-36 pubmed publisher..ribosomal stalk is mainly incorporated into pre-ribosomes in the cytoplasm where it replaces the assembly factor Mrt4. In analyzing the role of the P0 carboxyl terminal domain (CTD) during ribosomal stalk assembly, we found that its ..
- Tosti E, Katakowski J, Schaetzlein S, Kim H, Ryan C, Shales M, et al. Evolutionarily conserved genetic interactions with budding and fission yeast MutS identify orthologous relationships in mismatch repair-deficient cancer cells. Genome Med. 2014;6:68 pubmed publisher..Moreover, we provide novel insights into the genome maintenance functions of a critical DNA repair complex and propose a promising targeted treatment for MMR deficient tumors. ..
- Gómez Herreros F, Margaritis T, Rodríguez Galán O, Pelechano V, Begley V, Millán Zambrano G, et al. The ribosome assembly gene network is controlled by the feedback regulation of transcription elongation. Nucleic Acids Res. 2017;45:9302-9318 pubmed publisher..On the whole, this work uncovers a feedback control of ribosome biogenesis by fine-tuning transcription elongation in ribosome assembly factor-coding genes. ..
- Gerus M, Bonnart C, Caizergues Ferrer M, Henry Y, Henras A. Evolutionarily conserved function of RRP36 in early cleavages of the pre-rRNA and production of the 40S ribosomal subunit. Mol Cell Biol. 2010;30:1130-44 pubmed publisher..In parallel, we studied the human orthologue of Rrp36p in HeLa cells, and we show that the function of this protein in early cleavages of the pre-rRNA has been conserved through evolution in eukaryotes. ..
- Sugiyama M, Nugroho S, Iida N, Sakai T, Kaneko Y, Harashima S. Genetic interactions of ribosome maturation factors Yvh1 and Mrt4 influence mRNA decay, glycogen accumulation, and the expression of early meiotic genes in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. J Biochem. 2011;150:103-11 pubmed publisher..One of the mutant alleles, designated as SVH1-1 (suppressor of ?yvh1 deletion), was identical to MRT4 (mRNA turnover) that contained a single-base substitution causing an amino acid change from Gly(68) to Asp...