Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MRS6
Description: GTPase-activating protein MRS6
Alias: MSI4, GTPase-activating protein MRS6
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Singh J, Tyers M. A Rab escort protein integrates the secretion system with TOR signaling and ribosome biogenesis. Genes Dev. 2009;23:1944-58 pubmed publisher..Notably, the essential Rab escort protein Mrs6 exhibited a nutrient-sensitive interaction with Sfp1...
- Ragnini A, Teply R, Waldherr M, Voskova A, Schweyen R. The yeast protein Mrs6p, a homologue of the rabGDI and human choroideraemia proteins, affects cytoplasmic and mitochondrial functions. Curr Genet. 1994;26:308-14 pubmedb>MRS6 is a newly-identified gene in the yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae...
- Miaczynska M, Lorenzetti S, Bialek U, Benito Moreno R, Schweyen R, Ragnini A. The yeast Rab escort protein binds intracellular membranes in vivo and in vitro. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:16972-7 pubmed..Although prenylation is believed to take place in the cytosol, we show that the yeast Rab escort protein Mrs6 is present in both soluble and particulate fractions of cell extracts...
- Dursina B, Thoma N, Sidorovitch V, Niculae A, Iakovenko A, Rak A, et al. Interaction of yeast Rab geranylgeranyl transferase with its protein and lipid substrates. Biochemistry. 2002;41:6805-16 pubmed..Despite the ability to function in concert with yRabGGTase in vitro, expression of mammalian REP-1 could not complement deletion of MRS6 gene in S. cerevisiae in vivo. The implications of these findings are discussed.
- Alory C, Balch W. Molecular evolution of the Rab-escort-protein/guanine-nucleotide-dissociation-inhibitor superfamily. Mol Biol Cell. 2003;14:3857-67 pubmed..We have now isolated REP mutant proteins that are able to partially function as both REP and GDI. These results provide molecular insight into the functional and evolutionary organization of the REP/GDI superfamily. ..
- Lo S, Brett C, Plemel R, Vignali M, Fields S, Gonen T, et al. Intrinsic tethering activity of endosomal Rab proteins. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2011;19:40-7 pubmed publisher..In our working model, the intrinsic tethering capacity Vps21 operates in concert with conventional effectors and SNAREs to drive efficient docking and fusion. ..