Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MPP10
Description: rRNA-processing protein MPP10
Alias: rRNA-processing protein MPP10
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Gallagher J, Baserga S. Two-hybrid Mpp10p interaction-defective Imp4 proteins are not interaction defective in vivo but do confer specific pre-rRNA processing defects in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Nucleic Acids Res. 2004;32:1404-13 pubmed..Since protein-protein interactions are critical for many different aspects of cellular metabolism, our work has implications for the study of other large protein complexes. ..
- Soltanieh S, Osheim Y, Spasov K, Trahan C, Beyer A, Dragon F. DEAD-box RNA helicase Dbp4 is required for small-subunit processome formation and function. Mol Cell Biol. 2015;35:816-30 pubmed publisher..IPs with WCEs also showed association with the U3-specific protein Mpp10, which suggests that Dbp4 interacts with the functionally active U3 RNP; this particle, called the small-subunit (..
- Marmier Gourrier N, Cléry A, Schlotter F, Senty Ségault V, Branlant C. A second base pair interaction between U3 small nucleolar RNA and the 5'-ETS region is required for early cleavage of the yeast pre-ribosomal RNA. Nucleic Acids Res. 2011;39:9731-45 pubmed publisher..Accordingly, we got strong evidences for a role of segment VI in the association of proteins Mpp10, Imp4 and Imp3.
- Sardana R, Johnson A. The methyltransferase adaptor protein Trm112 is involved in biogenesis of both ribosomal subunits. Mol Biol Cell. 2012;23:4313-22 pubmed publisher..We suggest that Trm112 stabilizes its free methyltransferase partners not engaged with substrate and/or helps to deliver its methyltransferase partners to their substrates. ..
- Zhu J, Liu X, Anjos M, Correll C, Johnson A. Utp14 Recruits and Activates the RNA Helicase Dhr1 To Undock U3 snoRNA from the Preribosome. Mol Cell Biol. 2016;36:965-78 pubmed publisher..Thus, Utp14 is bifunctional; together with Bud23, it is needed for stable interaction of Dhr1 with the preribosome, and Utp14 activates Dhr1 to dislodge U3. ..
- Zheng S, Ye K. Purification, crystallization and preliminary X-ray diffraction analysis of Imp3 in complex with an Mpp10 peptide involved in yeast ribosome biogenesis. Acta Crystallogr F Struct Biol Commun. 2014;70:918-21 pubmed publisherEukaryotic ribosome synthesis requires a vast number of transiently associated factors. Mpp10, Imp3 and Imp4 form a protein complex in the 90S pre-ribosomal particle that conducts early processing of 18S rRNA...
- Soltanieh S, Lapensée M, Dragon F. Nucleolar proteins Bfr2 and Enp2 interact with DEAD-box RNA helicase Dbp4 in two different complexes. Nucleic Acids Res. 2014;42:3194-206 pubmed publisher..We also found that Bfr2 and Enp2 associate with the U3 small nucleolar RNA (snoRNA), the U3-specific protein Mpp10 and various pre-18S ribosomal RNA species...
- Charette J, Baserga S. The DEAD-box RNA helicase-like Utp25 is an SSU processome component. RNA. 2010;16:2156-69 pubmed publisher..Coimmunoprecipitation confirmed association with U3 snoRNA and with Mpp10, and with components of the t-Utp/UtpA, UtpB, and U3 snoRNP subcomplexes...
- Segerstolpe A, Lundkvist P, Osheim Y, Beyer A, Wieslander L. Mrd1p binds to pre-rRNA early during transcription independent of U3 snoRNA and is required for compaction of the pre-rRNA into small subunit processomes. Nucleic Acids Res. 2008;36:4364-80 pubmed publisher..When associated with the pre-rRNA, Mrd1p-GFP functionally interacts with the essential Pwp2, Mpp10 and U3 snoRNP subcomplexes that are functionally interconnected in the 90S preribosomal complex...
- Chin J, Bashkirov V, Heyer W, Romesberg F. Esc4/Rtt107 and the control of recombination during replication. DNA Repair (Amst). 2006;5:618-28 pubmed..Thus, we propose that Esc4 associates with ssDNA of stalled forks and acts as a scaffolding protein to recruit and/or modulate the function of other proteins required to reinitiate DNA synthesis. ..
- Granneman S, Bernstein K, Bleichert F, Baserga S. Comprehensive mutational analysis of yeast DEXD/H box RNA helicases required for small ribosomal subunit synthesis. Mol Cell Biol. 2006;26:1183-94 pubmed..Our combined results establish that not all conserved domains function identically in each protein, suggesting that the RNA helicases may have distinct biochemical properties and diverse roles in ribosome biogenesis. ..