Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MOB2
Alias: YFL035C, YFL035C-A, Mob2p
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Kurischko C, Kuravi V, Wannissorn N, Nazarov P, Husain M, Zhang C, et al. The yeast LATS/Ndr kinase Cbk1 regulates growth via Golgi-dependent glycosylation and secretion. Mol Biol Cell. 2008;19:5559-78 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that an important function for Cbk1 and the RAM signaling network is to regulate growth and secretion via Golgi and Sec2/Sec4-dependent processes. ..
- Panozzo C, Bourens M, Nowacka A, Herbert C. Mutations in the C-terminus of the conserved NDR kinase, Cbk1p of Saccharomyces cerevisiae, make the protein independent of upstream activators. Mol Genet Genomics. 2010;283:111-22 pubmed publisher..Our results show that the CBK1-S745F allele leads to a constitutively active form of Cbk1p that is independent of the upstream RAM network. We hypothesize that the mutant Cbk1-S745Fp mimics the effect of the phosphorylation of T743. ..
- Weiss E, Kurischko C, Zhang C, Shokat K, Drubin D, Luca F. The Saccharomyces cerevisiae Mob2p-Cbk1p kinase complex promotes polarized growth and acts with the mitotic exit network to facilitate daughter cell-specific localization of Ace2p transcription factor. J Cell Biol. 2002;158:885-900 pubmed..Here we show that the Mob1p-related protein Mob2p physically associates with Cbk1p kinase throughout the cell cycle and is required for full Cbk1p kinase activity, ..
- Mrkobrada S, Boucher L, Ceccarelli D, Tyers M, Sicheri F. Structural and functional analysis of Saccharomyces cerevisiae Mob1. J Mol Biol. 2006;362:430-40 pubmed..The N-terminal region of Mob1 thus contains structural elements that are functionally important. ..
- Mancini Lombardi I, Palani S, Meitinger F, Darieva Z, Hofmann A, Sharrocks A, et al. Lre1 directly inhibits the NDR/Lats kinase Cbk1 at the cell division site in a phosphorylation-dependent manner. Curr Biol. 2013;23:1736-45 pubmed publisher..In budding yeast, the NDR kinase complex composed of Cbk1 and its regulatory subunit, Mob2, have an established role in the control of cell separation/abscission that follows cytokinesis...