Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MOB1
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Luca F, Mody M, Kurischko C, Roof D, Giddings T, Winey M. Saccharomyces cerevisiae Mob1p is required for cytokinesis and mitotic exit. Mol Cell Biol. 2001;21:6972-83 pubmed..We also examined the subcellular distribution of Mob1p during the cell cycle and found that Mob1p first localized to the spindle pole bodies during mid-anaphase and then ..
- Meitinger F, Petrova B, Lombardi I, Bertazzi D, Hub B, Zentgraf H, et al. Targeted localization of Inn1, Cyk3 and Chs2 by the mitotic-exit network regulates cytokinesis in budding yeast. J Cell Sci. 2010;123:1851-61 pubmed publisher..This defect was partially suppressed by increased levels of Cyk3. We therefore propose that the MEN directly controls cytokinesis via targeting of Inn1, Cyk3 and Chs2 to the bud neck...
- König C, Maekawa H, Schiebel E. Mutual regulation of cyclin-dependent kinase and the mitotic exit network. J Cell Biol. 2010;188:351-68 pubmed publisher..Conversely, Cdk1 negatively regulates binding of Cdc15 to the mSPB. In addition, Cdk1 phosphorylates the Mob1 protein to inhibit the activity of Dbf2-Mob1 kinase that regulates Cdc14 phosphatase...
- Komarnitsky S, Chiang Y, Luca F, Chen J, Toyn J, Winey M, et al. DBF2 protein kinase binds to and acts through the cell cycle-regulated MOB1 protein. Mol Cell Biol. 1998;18:2100-7 pubmed..We have found that MOB1, an essential protein required for a late mitotic event in the cell cycle, genetically and physically interacts ..
- Wang Y, Ng T. Phosphatase 2A negatively regulates mitotic exit in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Biol Cell. 2006;17:80-9 pubmed..All the evidence suggests the negative role of PP2A in mitotic exit. Finally, our genetic and biochemical data suggest that PP2A regulates the phosphorylation of Tem1, which acts at the very top of MEN pathway. ..
- Yellman C, Roeder G. Cdc14 Early Anaphase Release, FEAR, Is Limited to the Nucleus and Dispensable for Efficient Mitotic Exit. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0128604 pubmed publisher..Our findings clarify the distinction between FEAR and MEN-dependent Cdc14 activities and will help guide emerging quantitative models of this cell cycle transition. ..
- Renicke C, Allmann A, Lutz A, Heimerl T, Taxis C. The Mitotic Exit Network Regulates Spindle Pole Body Selection During Sporulation of Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Genetics. 2017;206:919-937 pubmed publisher..Moreover, efficient genome inheritance requires Dbf2/20-Mob1 during a late step in spore maturation...
- Scarfone I, Venturetti M, Hotz M, Lengefeld J, Barral Y, Piatti S. Asymmetry of the budding yeast Tem1 GTPase at spindle poles is required for spindle positioning but not for mitotic exit. PLoS Genet. 2015;11:e1004938 pubmed publisher..Thus, asymmetry of the Bub2/Bfa1/Tem1 complex is crucial to control Kar9 distribution and spindle positioning during mitosis. ..
- Baro B, Rodriguez Rodriguez J, Calabria I, Hernaez M, Gil C, Queralt E. Dual Regulation of the mitotic exit network (MEN) by PP2A-Cdc55 phosphatase. PLoS Genet. 2013;9:e1003966 pubmed publisher..how the PP2A(Cdc55) phosphatase could act as a functional link between FEAR and MEN due to its action on Bfa1 and Mob1. We demonstrate that PP2A(Cdc55) regulates MEN activation by facilitating Cdc5- and Cdk1-dependent phosphorylation ..
- Attner M, Amon A. Control of the mitotic exit network during meiosis. Mol Biol Cell. 2012;23:3122-32 pubmed publisher..signaling is controlled through the regulated interaction between the MEN kinase Dbf20 and its activating subunit Mob1. Our data lead to the conclusion that a pathway essential for vegetative growth is largely dispensable for the ..
- Liang F, Jin F, Liu H, Wang Y. The molecular function of the yeast polo-like kinase Cdc5 in Cdc14 release during early anaphase. Mol Biol Cell. 2009;20:3671-9 pubmed publisher..Therefore, we conclude that the down-regulation of Swe1 protein levels by Cdc5 promotes FEAR activation by relieving the inhibition on Clb2-Cdk1, the kinase for Net1 protein. ..
- Mrkobrada S, Boucher L, Ceccarelli D, Tyers M, Sicheri F. Structural and functional analysis of Saccharomyces cerevisiae Mob1. J Mol Biol. 2006;362:430-40 pubmedThe Mob proteins function as activator subunits for the Dbf2/Dbf20 family of protein kinases. Human and Xenopus Mob1 protein structures corresponding to the most conserved C-terminal core, but lacking the variable N-terminal region, have ..