Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MNN9
Description: mannosyltransferase complex subunit MNN9
Alias: mannosyltransferase complex subunit MNN9
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Schmidt M, Strenk M, Boyer M, Fritsch B. Importance of cell wall mannoproteins for septum formation in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Yeast. 2005;22:715-23 pubmedThe mannosyltransferase mutants mnn9 and mnn10 were isolated in a genetic screen for septation defects in Saccharomyces cerevisiae...
- Striebeck A, Robinson D, SchÃ¼ttelkopf A, van Aalten D. Yeast Mnn9 is both a priming glycosyltransferase and an allosteric activator of mannan biosynthesis. Open Biol. 2013;3:130022 pubmed publisher..Saccharomyces cerevisiae and Candida albicans mnn9 knockouts show an aberrant cell wall and increased antibiotic sensitivity, suggesting the enzyme is a potential ..
- Osmond B, Specht C, Robbins P. Chitin synthase III: synthetic lethal mutants and "stress related" chitin synthesis that bypasses the CSD3/CHS6 localization pathway. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1999;96:11206-10 pubmed..wall-related genes such as FKS1 (glucan synthase) and mutations in any of the Golgi glycosylation complex genes (MNN9 family) are lethal in combination with chs3Delta, we found that a mutation in Srv2p, a bifunctional regulatory gene,..
- Horie T, Isono K. Cooperative functions of the mannoprotein-encoding genes in the biogenesis and maintenance of the cell wall in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Yeast. 2001;18:1493-503 pubmed..Thus, double mutants of SED1 and either MNN9 or MNN10 were unable to grow and YOL155c on a multicopy plasmid could suppress their synthetic lethality...
- Kurischko C, Kuravi V, Wannissorn N, Nazarov P, Husain M, Zhang C, et al. The yeast LATS/Ndr kinase Cbk1 regulates growth via Golgi-dependent glycosylation and secretion. Mol Biol Cell. 2008;19:5559-78 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that an important function for Cbk1 and the RAM signaling network is to regulate growth and secretion via Golgi and Sec2/Sec4-dependent processes. ..
- Curwin A, LeBlanc M, Fairn G, McMaster C. Localization of lipid raft proteins to the plasma membrane is a major function of the phospholipid transfer protein Sec14. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e55388 pubmed publisher..Localization of both lipid raft proteins was restored upon increased expression of the sec14(ts) allele. We suggest that a major function provided by Sec14 is trafficking and localization of lipid raft proteins. ..
- Morimoto Y, Tani M. Synthesis of mannosylinositol phosphorylceramides is involved in maintenance of cell integrity of yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Microbiol. 2015;95:706-22 pubmed publisher..These results indicated that loss of MIPC synthesis causes impairment of cell integrity, and this effect is enhanced by impaired synthesis of mannan-type N-glycans. ..