Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MND2
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Katis V, Lipp J, Imre R, Bogdanova A, Okaz E, Habermann B, et al. Rec8 phosphorylation by casein kinase 1 and Cdc7-Dbf4 kinase regulates cohesin cleavage by separase during meiosis. Dev Cell. 2010;18:397-409 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that PP2A protects centromeric cohesion by opposing CK1delta/epsilon- and DDK-dependent phosphorylation of Rec8. ..
- da Fonseca P, Kong E, Zhang Z, Schreiber A, Williams M, Morris E, et al. Structures of APC/C(Cdh1) with substrates identify Cdh1 and Apc10 as the D-box co-receptor. Nature. 2011;470:274-8 pubmed publisher..Our results rationalize the contribution of both co-activator and core APC/C subunits to D-box recognition and provide a structural framework for understanding mechanisms of substrate recognition and catalysis by the APC/C. ..
- Buschhorn B, Petzold G, Galova M, Dube P, Kraft C, Herzog F, et al. Substrate binding on the APC/C occurs between the coactivator Cdh1 and the processivity factor Doc1. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2011;18:6-13 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that substrates are recruited to the APC/C by binding to a bipartite substrate receptor composed of a coactivator protein and Doc1. ..
- Torres M, Borchers C. Mitotic phosphorylation of the anaphase-promoting complex inhibitory subunit Mnd2 is necessary for efficient progression through meiosis i. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:17351-62 pubmedThe yeast anaphase-promoting complex (APC) subunit Mnd2 is necessary for maintaining sister chromatid cohesion in prophase I of meiosis by inhibiting premature ubiquitination and subsequent degradation of substrates by the APC(Ama1) ..
- Ko N, Nishihama R, Tully G, Ostapenko D, Solomon M, Morgan D, et al. Identification of yeast IQGAP (Iqg1p) as an anaphase-promoting-complex substrate and its role in actomyosin-ring-independent cytokinesis. Mol Biol Cell. 2007;18:5139-53 pubmed..Together, the data suggest that compromise of APC/C function allows the accumulation of Iqg1p, which then promotes actomyosin-ring-independent cytokinesis at least in part by activation of Cyk3p. ..
- Foster S, Morgan D. The APC/C subunit Mnd2/Apc15 promotes Cdc20 autoubiquitination and spindle assembly checkpoint inactivation. Mol Cell. 2012;47:921-32 pubmed publisher..SAC-dependent Cdc20 autoubiquitination required the Mnd2/Apc15 subunit of the APC/C...
- Page A, Aneliunas V, Lamb J, Hieter P. In vivo characterization of the nonessential budding yeast anaphase-promoting complex/cyclosome components Swm1p, Mnd2p and Apc9p. Genetics. 2005;170:1045-62 pubmed..of two recently identified nonessential components of the budding yeast anaphase-promoting complex, Swm1p and Mnd2p, as well as that of the previously identified subunit Apc9p...
- Rabitsch K, Toth A, Galova M, Schleiffer A, Schaffner G, Aigner E, et al. A screen for genes required for meiosis and spore formation based on whole-genome expression. Curr Biol. 2001;11:1001-9 pubmed..Two genes (MND1 and MND2) are implicated in the recombination process and another two (SMA1 and SMA2) in prospore membrane formation...