Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MLP1
Alias: MPL1, Mlp1p
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Bermejo R, Capra T, Jossen R, Colosio A, Frattini C, Carotenuto W, et al. The replication checkpoint protects fork stability by releasing transcribed genes from nuclear pores. Cell. 2011;146:233-46 pubmed publisher..to the nuclear periphery and is counteracted by checkpoint kinases through phosphorylation of nucleoporins such as Mlp1. Checkpoint mutants fail to detach transcribed genes from nuclear pores, thus generating topological impediments ..
- Palancade B, Zuccolo M, Loeillet S, Nicolas A, Doye V. Pml39, a novel protein of the nuclear periphery required for nuclear retention of improper messenger ribonucleoparticles. Mol Biol Cell. 2005;16:5258-68 pubmed..Pml39 is mainly docked to a subset of nuclear pore complexes opposite to the nucleolus through interactions with Mlp1 and Mlp2...
- Strambio de Castillia C, Blobel G, Rout M. Proteins connecting the nuclear pore complex with the nuclear interior. J Cell Biol. 1999;144:839-55 pubmed..We isolated the previously identified Saccharomyces protein Mlp1p (myosin-like protein) by an assay designed to find nuclear envelope (NE) associated proteins that are not ..
- Skruzny M, Schneider C, Rácz A, Weng J, Tollervey D, Hurt E. An endoribonuclease functionally linked to perinuclear mRNP quality control associates with the nuclear pore complexes. PLoS Biol. 2009;7:e8 pubmed publisher..Swt1 and the THO/TREX and TREX-2 complexes, and with components of the perinuclear mRNP surveillance system, Mlp1, Nup60, and Esc1...
- Witkin K, Friederichs J, COHEN FIX O, Jaspersen S. Changes in the nuclear envelope environment affect spindle pole body duplication in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Genetics. 2010;186:867-83 pubmed publisher..We propose a model whereby nuclear pore complexes either compete with the spindle pole body for insertion into the nuclear membrane or affect spindle pole body duplication by altering the nuclear envelope environment. ..
- Zhao X, Wu C, Blobel G. Mlp-dependent anchorage and stabilization of a desumoylating enzyme is required to prevent clonal lethality. J Cell Biol. 2004;167:605-11 pubmedMyosin-like proteins 1 and 2 (Mlp1 and Mlp2) form filaments attached to the nucleoplasmic side of the nuclear pore complexes via interaction with the nucleoporin Nup60...
- Hediger F, Dubrana K, Gasser S. Myosin-like proteins 1 and 2 are not required for silencing or telomere anchoring, but act in the Tel1 pathway of telomere length control. J Struct Biol. 2002;140:79-91 pubmed..We have created strains containing complete deletions of mlp1 and mlp2 genes, as well as the double null strain, and find no evidence for the disruption of telomere anchoring at ..
- Yewdell W, Colombi P, Makhnevych T, Lusk C. Lumenal interactions in nuclear pore complex assembly and stability. Mol Biol Cell. 2011;22:1375-88 pubmed publisher..These findings support a role for Heh1p in the assembly or stability of the NPC, potentially through the formation of a lumenal bridge with Pom152p...
- Galy V, Olivo Marin J, Scherthan H, Doye V, Rascalou N, Nehrbass U. Nuclear pore complexes in the organization of silent telomeric chromatin. Nature. 2000;403:108-12 pubmed..Here we show that nuclear-pore-complex extensions formed by the conserved TPR homologues Mlp1 and Mlp2 are responsible for the structural and functional organization of perinuclear chromatin...
- Grant R, Marshall N, Yang J, Fasken M, Kelly S, Harreman M, et al. Structure of the N-terminal Mlp1-binding domain of the Saccharomyces cerevisiae mRNA-binding protein, Nab2. J Mol Biol. 2008;376:1048-59 pubmed publisher..with both the C-terminal globular domain of the nuclear pore-associated protein, myosin-like protein 1 (Mlp1), and the mRNA export factor, Gfd1...
- Powrie E, Zenklusen D, Singer R. A nucleoporin, Nup60p, affects the nuclear and cytoplasmic localization of ASH1 mRNA in S. cerevisiae. RNA. 2011;17:134-44 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate transcript specificity of a nuclear mRNA retention defect and identify a specific nucleoporin as a functional component of the localization pathway in budding yeast. ..
- Burgess R, Rahman S, Lisby M, Rothstein R, Zhao X. The Slx5-Slx8 complex affects sumoylation of DNA repair proteins and negatively regulates recombination. Mol Cell Biol. 2007;27:6153-62 pubmed..In addition, the complex inhibits Rad51-independent recombination via modulating the sumoylation of DNA repair proteins. ..
- Bonnet A, Bretes H, Palancade B. Nuclear pore components affect distinct stages of intron-containing gene expression. Nucleic Acids Res. 2015;43:4249-61 pubmed publisher..pores depends on the Nup84 complex, impacts on THO-dependent gene expression, whereas the nuclear basket-associated Mlp1/Pml39 proteins prevent pre-mRNA export at a later stage, contributing to mRNA quality control...
- Fasken M, Stewart M, Corbett A. Functional significance of the interaction between the mRNA-binding protein, Nab2, and the nuclear pore-associated protein, Mlp1, in mRNA export. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:27130-43 pubmed publisher..specifically recognizes poly(A) RNA and binds to the nuclear pore-associated protein, myosin-like protein 1 (Mlp1), which functions in mRNA export and quality control...
- Zhao X, Blobel G. A SUMO ligase is part of a nuclear multiprotein complex that affects DNA repair and chromosomal organization. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:4777-82 pubmed..We propose that Mms21 sumoylates proteins involved in these diverse processes and that the other members of the complex, particularly Smc5/6, facilitate proper substrate sumoylation by localizing Mms21 to specific chromosomal regions. ..
- Lei E, Stern C, Fahrenkrog B, Krebber H, Moy T, Aebi U, et al. Sac3 is an mRNA export factor that localizes to cytoplasmic fibrils of nuclear pore complex. Mol Biol Cell. 2003;14:836-47 pubmed..Finally, Mex67 accumulates at the nuclear rim when SAC3 is mutated, suggesting that Sac3 functions in Mex67 translocation through the NPC. ..
- Cairo L, Ptak C, Wozniak R. Mitosis-specific regulation of nuclear transport by the spindle assembly checkpoint protein Mad1p. Mol Cell. 2013;49:109-20 pubmed publisher..We propose that a distinct branch of the SAC exists in which Mad1p senses unattached kinetochores and, by altering NPC transport activity, regulates the nuclear environment of the spindle. ..
- Hackmann A, Wu H, Schneider U, Meyer K, Jung K, Krebber H. Quality control of spliced mRNAs requires the shuttling SR proteins Gbp2 and Hrb1. Nat Commun. 2014;5:3123 pubmed publisher..Altogether, these data identify a role for shuttling SR proteins in mRNA surveillance and nuclear mRNA quality control. ..
- García Benítez F, Gaillard H, Aguilera A. Physical proximity of chromatin to nuclear pores prevents harmful R loop accumulation contributing to maintain genome stability. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2017;114:10942-10947 pubmed publisher..of 400 Saccharomyces cerevisiae selected strains deleted in nuclear genes revealed that cells lacking the Mlp1/2 nuclear basket proteins show AID-dependent genomic instability and replication defects that were suppressed by ..
- Kerr S, Azzouz N, Fuchs S, Collart M, Strahl B, Corbett A, et al. The Ccr4-Not complex interacts with the mRNA export machinery. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e18302 pubmed publisher..These results shed further insight into the biological functions of Ccr4-Not and suggest that this complex is involved in all aspects of mRNA biogenesis, from the regulation of transcription to mRNA export and turnover. ..
- Niepel M, Molloy K, Williams R, Farr J, Meinema A, Vecchietti N, et al. The nuclear basket proteins Mlp1p and Mlp2p are part of a dynamic interactome including Esc1p and the proteasome. Mol Biol Cell. 2013;24:3920-38 pubmed publisher..We show that the yeast proteins Mlp1p and Mlp2p are necessary components of the nuclear basket and that they also embed the NPC within a dynamic protein ..