Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MLH3
Description: mismatch repair protein MLH3
Alias: mismatch repair protein MLH3
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Romanova N, Crouse G. Different roles of eukaryotic MutS and MutL complexes in repair of small insertion and deletion loops in yeast. PLoS Genet. 2013;9:e1003920 pubmed publisher..MutS? is present in many eukaryotic organisms, but not in prokaryotes. We suggest that the biased repair of deletion mispairs may reflect a critical eukaryotic function of MutS? in mismatch repair. ..
- Ranjha L, Anand R, Cejka P. The Saccharomyces cerevisiae Mlh1-Mlh3 heterodimer is an endonuclease that preferentially binds to Holliday junctions. J Biol Chem. 2014;289:5674-86 pubmed publisherMutL?, a heterodimer of the MutL homologues Mlh1 and Mlh3, plays a critical role during meiotic homologous recombination...
- Rogacheva M, Manhart C, Chen C, Guarné A, SURTEES J, Alani E. Mlh1-Mlh3, a meiotic crossover and DNA mismatch repair factor, is a Msh2-Msh3-stimulated endonuclease. J Biol Chem. 2014;289:5664-73 pubmed publisher..requiring Sgs1 helicase, Exo1, and a putative endonuclease activity encoded by the DNA mismatch repair factor Mlh1-Mlh3. We purified Mlh1-Mlh3 and showed that it is a metal-dependent and Msh2-Msh3-stimulated endonuclease that makes ..
- Su X, Freudenreich C. Cytosine deamination and base excision repair cause R-loop-induced CAG repeat fragility and instability in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2017;114:E8392-E8401 pubmed publisher..Surprisingly, the MutL? (Mlh1/Mlh3) endonuclease caused R-loop-dependent CAG fragility, defining an alternative function for this complex...
- Chakraborty P, Pankajam A, Lin G, Dutta A, Krishnaprasad N, Tekkedil M, et al. Modulating Crossover Frequency and Interference for Obligate Crossovers in Saccharomyces cerevisiae Meiosis. G3 (Bethesda). 2017;7:1511-1524 pubmed publisher..previous studies have shown crossover frequencies are reduced in the mismatch repair related mutant mlh3? and enhanced in a meiotic checkpoint mutant pch2? by up to twofold at specific chromosomal loci, but ..
- Sonntag Brown M, Lim E, Chen C, Nishant K, Alani E. Genetic analysis of mlh3 mutations reveals interactions between crossover promoting factors during meiosis in baker's yeast. G3 (Bethesda). 2013;3:9-22 pubmed publisher..In baker's yeast, two heterodimeric complexes, Msh4-Msh5 and Mlh1-Mlh3, act in meiosis to promote interference-dependent crossing over...
- Voelkel Meiman K, Cheng S, Morehouse S, MacQueen A. Synaptonemal Complex Proteins of Budding Yeast Define Reciprocal Roles in MutS?-Mediated Crossover Formation. Genetics. 2016;203:1091-103 pubmed publisher..The latter class directly or indirectly limits MutS?-mediated crossovers along meiotic chromosomes. Our findings illustrate how reciprocal roles in crossover recombination can be simultaneously linked to the SC structure. ..
- Al Sweel N, Raghavan V, Dutta A, Ajith V, Di Vietro L, Khondakar N, et al. mlh3 mutations in baker's yeast alter meiotic recombination outcomes by increasing noncrossover events genome-wide. PLoS Genet. 2017;13:e1006974 pubmed publisherMlh1-Mlh3 is an endonuclease hypothesized to act in meiosis to resolve double Holliday junctions into crossovers. It also plays a minor role in eukaryotic DNA mismatch repair (MMR)...
- Wang T, Kung W. Supercomplex formation between Mlh1-Mlh3 and Sgs1-Top3 heterocomplexes in meiotic yeast cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2002;296:949-53 pubmed..cerevisia encodes four mismatch repair MutL proteins and these proteins form three heterocomplexes: Mlh1-Mlh2, Mlh1-Mlh3, and Mlh1-Pms1...
- Stone J, Petes T. Analysis of the proteins involved in the in vivo repair of base-base mismatches and four-base loops formed during meiotic recombination in the yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Genetics. 2006;173:1223-39 pubmed..We also found that the frequency and position of local double-strand DNA breaks affect the ratio of mismatch repair events that lead to gene conversion vs. restoration of Mendelian segregation. ..