Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MIH1
Description: putative tyrosine protein phosphatase MIH1
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Szkotnicki L, Crutchley J, Zyla T, Bardes E, Lew D. The checkpoint kinase Hsl1p is activated by Elm1p-dependent phosphorylation. Mol Biol Cell. 2008;19:4675-86 pubmed publisher..We identified elm1 mutants in a screen for defects in Swe1p degradation and show that a phosphomimic T273E mutation in HSL1 bypasses the need for Elm1p in this pathway. ..
- Crutchley J, King K, Keaton M, Szkotnicki L, Orlando D, Zyla T, et al. Molecular dissection of the checkpoint kinase Hsl1p. Mol Biol Cell. 2009;20:1926-36 pubmed publisher..We suggest that Hsl1p responds to alterations in septin organization, which themselves occur in response to the local geometry of the cell cortex. ..
- Kim J, Rose M. Stable Pseudohyphal Growth in Budding Yeast Induced by Synergism between Septin Defects and Altered MAP-kinase Signaling. PLoS Genet. 2015;11:e1005684 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our findings show that budding yeast can access a stable constitutive pseudohyphal growth state with very few genetic and regulatory changes. ..
- Juanes M, Khoueiry R, Kupka T, Castro A, Mudrak I, Ogris E, et al. Budding yeast greatwall and endosulfines control activity and spatial regulation of PP2A(Cdc55) for timely mitotic progression. PLoS Genet. 2013;9:e1003575 pubmed publisher..However, this conserved module is adapted to account for differences in the regulation of mitotic entry in different organisms. ..
- Matsuda K, Makise M, Sueyasu Y, Takehara M, Asano T, Mizushima T. Yeast two-hybrid analysis of the origin recognition complex of Saccharomyces cerevisiae: interaction between subunits and identification of binding proteins. FEMS Yeast Res. 2007;7:1263-9 pubmed..We discuss roles of these interactions in functions of ORC. ..
- McQueen J, van Dyk D, Young B, Loewen C, Measday V. The Mck1 GSK-3 kinase inhibits the activity of Clb2-Cdk1 post-nuclear division. Cell Cycle. 2012;11:3421-32 pubmed publisher..to increased Clb2-Cdk1 activity caused either by overexpression of Clb2 or the Cdk1-activating phosphatase Mih1. Deletion of the Cdk1 inhibitory kinase, SWE1, in combination with a mck1? mutant results in a synthetic growth ..
- Starovoytova A, Sorokin M, Sokolov S, Severin F, Knorre D. Mitochondrial signaling in Saccharomyces cerevisiae pseudohyphae formation induced by butanol. FEMS Yeast Res. 2013;13:367-74 pubmed publisher..Interestingly, repression of the MIH1 gene encoding phosphatase activator of the G2/M transition partially restores the ability of yeast to form ..
- Cui T, Peterson T, Burd C. A CDC25 family protein phosphatase gates cargo recognition by the Vps26 retromer subunit. elife. 2017;6: pubmed publisher..spontaneously arising mutation that activates the yeast (Saccharomyces cerevisiae) CDC25 family phosphatase, Mih1, results in accelerated turnover of a subset of endocytosed plasma membrane proteins due to deficient sorting into ..
- Raspelli E, Cassani C, Lucchini G, Fraschini R. Budding yeast Dma1 and Dma2 participate in regulation of Swe1 levels and localization. Mol Biol Cell. 2011;22:2185-97 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the data highlight a previously unknown role of these proteins in the complex regulation of Swe1 and suggest that they might contribute to control, directly or indirectly, Swe1 ubiquitylation. ..
- Snead J, Sullivan M, Lowery D, Cohen M, Zhang C, Randle D, et al. A coupled chemical-genetic and bioinformatic approach to Polo-like kinase pathway exploration. Chem Biol. 2007;14:1261-72 pubmed..Finally, an examination of Cdc5 binding by SPB-localized proteins expanded our knowledge of Cdc5 function at the SPB. ..
- Boronat S, Campbell J. Mitotic Cdc6 stabilizes anaphase-promoting complex substrates by a partially Cdc28-independent mechanism, and this stabilization is suppressed by deletion of Cdc55. Mol Cell Biol. 2007;27:1158-71 pubmed..This demonstrates that the levels and timing of accumulation of Cdc6p in mitosis are appropriate for mediating the modulation of APC/Cdc20. ..
- Martinez Anaya C, Dickinson J, Sudbery P. In yeast, the pseudohyphal phenotype induced by isoamyl alcohol results from the operation of the morphogenesis checkpoint. J Cell Sci. 2003;116:3423-31 pubmed..These observations show that IAA induces the Swe1-dependent morphogenesis checkpoint and so the resulting pseudohyphal phenotype arises in an entirely different way from the formation of pseudohyphae induced by nitrogen-limited growth. ..
- Kennedy E, Dysart M, Lianga N, Williams E, Pilon S, DorÃ© C, et al. Redundant Regulation of Cdk1 Tyrosine Dephosphorylation in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Genetics. 2016;202:903-10 pubmed publisher..In contrast, deletion of MIH1, the cdc25 homolog in Saccharomyces cerevisiae, is viable...
- Vinton P, Weinert T. A Slowed Cell Cycle Stabilizes the Budding Yeast Genome. Genetics. 2017;206:811-828 pubmed publisher..And, some chromosome errors may not signal checkpoint-mediated responses, or do not sufficiently signal to allow correction, and their correction benefits from this "time checkpoint." ..