Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MID1
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Iida K, Tada T, Iida H. Molecular cloning in yeast by in vivo homologous recombination of the yeast putative alpha1 subunit of the voltage-gated calcium channel. FEBS Lett. 2004;576:291-6 pubmed..coli. Overexpression of the cloned CCH1 or MID1 alone, which encodes a putative stretch-activated Ca2+ channel component, does not increase Ca2+ uptake activity, ..
- Locke E, Bonilla M, Liang L, Takita Y, Cunningham K. A homolog of voltage-gated Ca(2+) channels stimulated by depletion of secretory Ca(2+) in yeast. Mol Cell Biol. 2000;20:6686-94 pubmed..Cch1p and Mid1p were localized to the plasma membrane, coimmunoprecipitated from solubilized membranes, and shown to function ..
- Noma S, Iida K, Iida H. Polarized morphogenesis regulator Spa2 is required for the function of putative stretch-activated Ca2+-permeable channel component Mid1 in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Eukaryot Cell. 2005;4:1353-63 pubmedb>Mid1 is a putative stretch-activated Ca2+ channel component and is required for the maintenance of viability in the mating process...
- Rigamonti M, Groppi S, Belotti F, Ambrosini R, Filippi G, Martegani E, et al. Hypotonic stress-induced calcium signaling in Saccharomyces cerevisiae involves TRP-like transporters on the endoplasmic reticulum membrane. Cell Calcium. 2015;57:57-68 pubmed publisher..compartments is peculiarly inhibited by external calcium in a calcineurin-independent and Cch1-, but not Mid1-, driven manner...
- Courchesne W, Ozturk S. Amiodarone induces a caffeine-inhibited, MID1-depedent rise in free cytoplasmic calcium in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Microbiol. 2003;47:223-34 pubmed..b>Mid1p and Cch1p are believed to function in a capacitive calcium entry (CCE)-like process...