Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MGS1
Description: ssDNA-dependent ATPase MGS1
Alias: ssDNA-dependent ATPase MGS1
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Putnam C, Hayes T, Kolodner R. Post-replication repair suppresses duplication-mediated genome instability. PLoS Genet. 2010;6:e1000933 pubmed publisher..Our analysis is consistent with models in which PRR prevents replication damage from becoming double strand breaks (DSBs) and/or regulates the activity of HR on DSBs. ..
- Paek A, Jones H, Kaochar S, Weinert T. The role of replication bypass pathways in dicentric chromosome formation in budding yeast. Genetics. 2010;186:1161-73 pubmed publisher..switch model by studying mutants of DNA polymerases; defects in DNA pol delta (lagging strand polymerase) and Mgs1 (a pol delta interacting protein) lead to a defect in fusion events as well as allelic recombination...
- Saugar I, Parker J, Zhao S, Ulrich H. The genome maintenance factor Mgs1 is targeted to sites of replication stress by ubiquitylated PCNA. Nucleic Acids Res. 2012;40:245-57 pubmed publisherb>Mgs1, the budding yeast homolog of mammalian Werner helicase-interacting protein 1 (WRNIP1/WHIP), contributes to genome stability during undisturbed replication and in response to DNA damage...
- Siebler H, Lada A, Baranovskiy A, Tahirov T, Pavlov Y. A novel variant of DNA polymerase ?, Rev3?C, highlights differential regulation of Pol32 as a subunit of polymerase ? versus ? in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. DNA Repair (Amst). 2014;24:138-149 pubmed publisher..In search for members of this regulatory pathway, we examined the effects of Maintenance of Genome Stability 1 (Mgs1) protein on mutagenesis in the absence of Rev3-Pol31/Pol32 interaction...
- Allen Soltero S, Martinez S, Putnam C, Kolodner R. A saccharomyces cerevisiae RNase H2 interaction network functions to suppress genome instability. Mol Cell Biol. 2014;34:1521-34 pubmed publisher..This analysis suggests that cells with RNase H2 defects have increased levels of DNA damage and depend on other pathways of DNA metabolism to overcome the deleterious effects of this DNA damage. ..