Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MGM101
Alias: MGM9, Mgm101p
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Chen X, Wang X, Kaufman B, Butow R. Aconitase couples metabolic regulation to mitochondrial DNA maintenance. Science. 2005;307:714-7 pubmed..When constitutively expressed, Aco1p can replace the mtDNA packaging function of the high-mobility-group protein Abf2p. Thus, Aco1p may integrate metabolic signals and mtDNA maintenance. ..
- Markov D, Savkina M, Anikin M, Del Campo M, Ecker K, Lambowitz A, et al. Identification of proteins associated with the yeast mitochondrial RNA polymerase by tandem affinity purification. Yeast. 2009;26:423-40 pubmed publisher..Further, we found that Mss116p inhibits transcription by mtRNAP in vitro in a steady-state reaction. Our results support the hypothesis that Mss116p and Pet127p are involved in modulation of mtRNAP activity. ..
- Mbantenkhu M, Wierzbicki S, Wang X, Guo S, Wilkens S, Chen X. A short carboxyl-terminal tail is required for single-stranded DNA binding, higher-order structural organization, and stability of the mitochondrial single-stranded annealing protein Mgm101. Mol Biol Cell. 2013;24:1507-18 pubmed publisherb>Mgm101 is a Rad52-type single-stranded annealing protein (SSAP) required for mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA) repair and maintenance. Structurally, Mgm101 forms large oligomeric rings...
- Silva S, Altmannova V, Luke Glaser S, Henriksen P, Gallina I, Yang X, et al. Mte1 interacts with Mph1 and promotes crossover recombination and telomere maintenance. Genes Dev. 2016;30:700-17 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data indicate that Mte1 plays a role in regulation of crossover recombination, response to replication stress, and telomere maintenance. ..
- Rendeková J, Ward T, Simonicova L, Thomas P, Nosek J, Tomaska L, et al. Mgm101: A double-duty Rad52-like protein. Cell Cycle. 2016;15:3169-3176 pubmedb>Mgm101 has well-characterized activity for the repair and replication of the mitochondrial genome...