Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MFT1
Alias: MFT52, Mft1p
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Jimeno S, Tous C, García Rubio M, Ranes M, González Aguilera C, Marin A, et al. New suppressors of THO mutations identify Thp3 (Ypr045c)-Csn12 as a protein complex involved in transcription elongation. Mol Cell Biol. 2011;31:674-85 pubmed publisher..Thp3-Csn12 also copurifies with ribosomal proteins, which opens the possibility that it has other functions in addition to transcription. ..
- Eshleman N, Liu G, McGrath K, Parker R, Buchan J. Defects in THO/TREX-2 function cause accumulation of novel cytoplasmic mRNP granules that can be cleared by autophagy. RNA. 2016;22:1200-14 pubmed publisher..This identifies a novel mechanism of quality control for aberrant mRNPs assembled in the nucleus. ..
- Herrera Moyano E, Mergui X, Garc a Rubio M, Barroso S, Aguilera A. The yeast and human FACT chromatin-reorganizing complexes solve R-loop-mediated transcription-replication conflicts. Genes Dev. 2014;28:735-48 pubmed publisher..The results demonstrate a key function of FACT in the resolution of R-loop-mediated transcription-replication conflicts, likely associated with a specific chromatin organization...
- Li L, Kaplan J. Characterization of two homologous yeast genes that encode mitochondrial iron transporters. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:28485-93 pubmed..Measurement of mitochondrial iron in cells grown in iron-rich medium overexpressing MFT1 or MFT2 show a 2-5-fold increase in iron compared with mitochondria from control cells...
- Assenholt J, Mouaikel J, Andersen K, Brodersen D, Libri D, Jensen T. Exonucleolysis is required for nuclear mRNA quality control in yeast THO mutants. RNA. 2008;14:2305-13 pubmed publisher..Our data show that exonucleolytic attack by the nuclear exosome is needed both for provoking mRNP QC and for its ensuing elimination of faulty RNA. ..
- Assenholt J, Mouaikel J, Saguez C, Rougemaille M, Libri D, Jensen T. Implication of Ccr4-Not complex function in mRNA quality control in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. RNA. 2011;17:1788-94 pubmed publisher..Here we use genetic depletion of the Mft1p protein of the THO transcription/mRNP packaging complex as a model system to link the Ccr4-Not complex to nuclear ..
- Skruzny M, Schneider C, Rácz A, Weng J, Tollervey D, Hurt E. An endoribonuclease functionally linked to perinuclear mRNP quality control associates with the nuclear pore complexes. PLoS Biol. 2009;7:e8 pubmed publisher..The data suggest that Swt1 endoribonuclease might be transiently recruited to NPCs to initiate the degradation of defective pre-mRNPs or mRNPs trapped at nuclear periphery in order to avoid their cytoplasmic export and translation...
- Del Rosario B, Pemberton L. Nap1 links transcription elongation, chromatin assembly, and messenger RNP complex biogenesis. Mol Cell Biol. 2008;28:2113-24 pubmed publisher..These observations suggest that Nap1 functions provide a new connection between transcription elongation, chromatin assembly, and messenger RNP complex biogenesis. ..
- Huertas P, García Rubio M, Wellinger R, Luna R, Aguilera A. An hpr1 point mutation that impairs transcription and mRNP biogenesis without increasing recombination. Mol Cell Biol. 2006;26:7451-65 pubmed
- Tronnersjö S, Hanefalk C, Balciunas D, Hu G, Nordberg N, Murén E, et al. The jmjN and jmjC domains of the yeast zinc finger protein Gis1 interact with 19 proteins involved in transcription, sumoylation and DNA repair. Mol Genet Genomics. 2007;277:57-70 pubmed..The human Sgs1 homolog WRN also interacts with the Gis1 jumonji domain. Finally, we note that several jumonji domain interactors are related to proteins that are found in mammalian PML nuclear bodies. ..
- Libri D, Dower K, Boulay J, Thomsen R, Rosbash M, Jensen T. Interactions between mRNA export commitment, 3'-end quality control, and nuclear degradation. Mol Cell Biol. 2002;22:8254-66 pubmed
- Jimeno S, Rondón A, Luna R, Aguilera A. The yeast THO complex and mRNA export factors link RNA metabolism with transcription and genome instability. EMBO J. 2002;21:3526-35 pubmedThe THO complex is a multimeric factor containing four polypeptides, Tho2, Hpr1, Mft1 and Thp2...
- George R, Beddoe T, Landl K, Lithgow T. The yeast nascent polypeptide-associated complex initiates protein targeting to mitochondria in vivo. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1998;95:2296-301 pubmed..We suggest that NAC provides a ribosomal environment for nascent mitochondrial targeting sequences to achieve secondary structure, thereby enhancing the efficiency of protein targeting. ..
- Kerr S, Azzouz N, Fuchs S, Collart M, Strahl B, Corbett A, et al. The Ccr4-Not complex interacts with the mRNA export machinery. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e18302 pubmed publisher..These results shed further insight into the biological functions of Ccr4-Not and suggest that this complex is involved in all aspects of mRNA biogenesis, from the regulation of transcription to mRNA export and turnover. ..
- Jensen T, Boulay J, Olesen J, Colin J, Weyler M, Libri D. Modulation of transcription affects mRNP quality. Mol Cell. 2004;16:235-44 pubmed..Our results suggest that efficient mRNP assembly is under a kinetic control that is influenced by the rate of transcription. ..
- Meinel D, Burkert Kautzsch C, Kieser A, O Duibhir E, Siebert M, Mayer A, et al. Recruitment of TREX to the transcription machinery by its direct binding to the phospho-CTD of RNA polymerase II. PLoS Genet. 2013;9:e1003914 pubmed publisher..In summary, we provide insight into how the phospho-code of the CTD directs mRNP formation and export through TREX recruitment...
- Rondon A, Garcia Rubio M, González Barrera S, Aguilera A. Molecular evidence for a positive role of Spt4 in transcription elongation. EMBO J. 2003;22:612-20 pubmed..Our results indicate that Spt4-Spt5 has a positive role in transcription elongation and suggest that Spt4-Spt5 and THO act at different steps during mRNA biogenesis. ..