Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MET22
Description: 3'(2'),5'-bisphosphate nucleotidase
Alias: HAL2, 3'(2'),5'-bisphosphate nucleotidase
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Gläser H, Thomas D, Gaxiola R, Montrichard F, Surdin Kerjan Y, Serrano R. Salt tolerance and methionine biosynthesis in Saccharomyces cerevisiae involve a putative phosphatase gene. EMBO J. 1993;12:3105-10 pubmed..Complementation analysis demonstrated that HAL2 is identical to MET22, a gene involved in methionine biosynthesis...
- Murguia J, Bellés J, Serrano R. The yeast HAL2 nucleotidase is an in vivo target of salt toxicity. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:29029-33 pubmedThe yeast halotolerance gene HAL2 encodes a nucleotidase that dephosphorylates 3'-phosphoadenosine 5'-phosphate (PAP) and 3'-phosphoadenosine 5'-phosphosulfate (PAPS), intermediates of the sulfate assimilation pathway...
- Chernyakov I, Whipple J, Kotelawala L, Grayhack E, Phizicky E. Degradation of several hypomodified mature tRNA species in Saccharomyces cerevisiae is mediated by Met22 and the 5'-3' exonucleases Rat1 and Xrn1. Genes Dev. 2008;22:1369-80 pubmed publisher..We show here that components of this RTD pathway include the 5'-3' exonucleases Rat1 and Xrn1, and Met22, which likely acts indirectly through Rat1 and Xrn1...
- He X, Qian W, Wang Z, Li Y, Zhang J. Prevalent positive epistasis in Escherichia coli and Saccharomyces cerevisiae metabolic networks. Nat Genet. 2010;42:272-6 pubmed publisher..We offer mechanistic explanations of these findings and experimentally validate them for 61 S. cerevisiae gene pairs. ..
- Chen L, Liu L, Wang M, Fu J, Zhang Z, Hou J, et al. Hal2p functions in Bdf1p-involved salt stress response in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e62110 pubmed publisher..Hal2p is also a target of high concentration of Na(+). Here, we reported that HAL2 overexpression recovered the salt stress sensitivity of bdf1?...
- Murguia J, Bellés J, Serrano R. A salt-sensitive 3'(2'),5'-bisphosphate nucleotidase involved in sulfate activation. Science. 1995;267:232-4 pubmedOverexpression of a yeast gene, HAL2, allows the cells to tolerate higher than normal extracellular salt concentrations...
- Goossens A, Dever T, Pascual Ahuir A, Serrano R. The protein kinase Gcn2p mediates sodium toxicity in yeast. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:30753-60 pubmed..It can be postulated that sodium activation of the Gcn2p pathway has toxic effects on growth under NaCl stress and that this novel mechanism of sodium toxicity may be of general significance in eukaryotes. ..
- Díaz Blanco N, RODRIGUEZ MEDINA J. Dosage rescue by UBC4 restores cell wall integrity in Saccharomyces cerevisiae lacking the myosin type II gene MYO1. Yeast. 2007;24:343-55 pubmed..These results point to Ubc4p as an important enzyme in the process of cell wall remodelling in myo1 cells. ..
- Dewe J, Whipple J, Chernyakov I, Jaramillo L, Phizicky E. The yeast rapid tRNA decay pathway competes with elongation factor 1A for substrate tRNAs and acts on tRNAs lacking one or more of several modifications. RNA. 2012;18:1886-96 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that RTD interacts with the translation machinery and acts widely on hypomodified tRNAs. ..
- Chen L, Wang M, Hou J, Fu J, Shen Y, Liu F, et al. HAL2 overexpression induces iron acquisition in bdf1? cells and enhances their salt resistance. Curr Genet. 2017;63:229-239 pubmed publisher..molecular mechanism of salt stress response in yeast, especially the molecular mechanism related to genes BDF1 and HAL2. The Bromodomain Factor 1 (Bdf1p) is a transcriptional regulator, which is part of the basal transcription factor ..