Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MED4
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Han S, Lee J, Kang J, Kim Y. Med9/Cse2 and Gal11 modules are required for transcriptional repression of distinct group of genes. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:37020-6 pubmed
- Myers L, Gustafsson C, Bushnell D, Lui M, Erdjument Bromage H, Tempst P, et al. The Med proteins of yeast and their function through the RNA polymerase II carboxy-terminal domain. Genes Dev. 1998;12:45-54 pubmed..Evidence for human homologs of several mediator proteins, including Med7, points to similar mechanisms in higher cells. ..
- Han S, Lee Y, Gim B, Ryu G, Park S, Lane W, et al. Activator-specific requirement of yeast mediator proteins for RNA polymerase II transcriptional activation. Mol Cell Biol. 1999;19:979-88 pubmed
- Baidoobonso S, Guidi B, Myers L. Med19(Rox3) regulates Intermodule interactions in the Saccharomyces cerevisiae mediator complex. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:5551-9 pubmed..Although the Middle module is unnecessary for holding the Head and Tail modules together, it is required for the complex to function as a conduit between activators and the core transcription machinery. ..
- Seizl M, Lariviere L, Pfaffeneder T, Wenzeck L, Cramer P. Mediator head subcomplex Med11/22 contains a common helix bundle building block with a specific function in transcription initiation complex stabilization. Nucleic Acids Res. 2011;39:6291-304 pubmed publisher..also present in the Mediator middle module subcomplex Med7/21 and is predicted in the Mediator heterodimers Med2/3, Med4/9, Med10/14 and Med28/30...
- Park J, Kim H, Han S, Hwang M, Lee Y, Kim Y. In vivo requirement of activator-specific binding targets of mediator. Mol Cell Biol. 2000;20:8709-19 pubmed
- Eyboulet F, Wydau Dematteis S, Eychenne T, Alibert O, Neil H, Boschiero C, et al. Mediator independently orchestrates multiple steps of preinitiation complex assembly in vivo. Nucleic Acids Res. 2015;43:9214-31 pubmed publisher..This study provides an extensive genome-wide view of Mediator's role in PIC formation, suggesting that Mediator coordinates multiple steps of a PIC assembly pathway. ..
- Balciunas D, Gälman C, Ronne H, Bjorklund S. The Med1 subunit of the yeast mediator complex is involved in both transcriptional activation and repression. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1999;96:376-81 pubmed..Finally, we show that the Med2 protein is lost from the mediator on purification from Med1-deficient cells, indicating a physical interaction between Med1 and Med2. ..
- Gustafsson C, Myers L, Beve J, Spahr H, Lui M, Erdjument Bromage H, et al. Identification of new mediator subunits in the RNA polymerase II holoenzyme from Saccharomyces cerevisiae. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:30851-4 pubmed..MED11 is a previously uncharacterized gene. The existence of these proteins in the mediator complex was verified by copurification and co-immunoprecipitation with RNA polymerase II holoenzyme. ..
- Balciunas D, Hallberg M, Bjorklund S, Ronne H. Functional interactions within yeast mediator and evidence of differential subunit modifications. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:3831-9 pubmed..Both lexA-Med1 and lexA-Srb7 are stably associated with Med4 and Med8, which suggests that they are incorporated into Mediator...
- Papamichos Chronakis M, Conlan R, Gounalaki N, Copf T, Tzamarias D. Hrs1/Med3 is a Cyc8-Tup1 corepressor target in the RNA polymerase II holoenzyme. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:8397-403 pubmed
- Liu Y, Kung C, Fishburn J, Ansari A, Shokat K, Hahn S. Two cyclin-dependent kinases promote RNA polymerase II transcription and formation of the scaffold complex. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:1721-35 pubmed..In addition to the previously known substrate, the Pol II CTD, it was found that Kin28 phosphorylates two subunits of Mediator and Srb10 targets two subunits of TFIID for phosphorylation. ..
- Eychenne T, Novikova E, Barrault M, Alibert O, Boschiero C, Peixeiro N, et al. Functional interplay between Mediator and TFIIB in preinitiation complex assembly in relation to promoter architecture. Genes Dev. 2016;30:2119-2132 pubmed..This study thus provides mechanistic insights into the coordinated function of Mediator and TFIIB in PIC assembly in different chromatin contexts. ..
- Liu Z, Myers L. Med5(Nut1) and Med17(Srb4) are direct targets of mediator histone H4 tail interactions. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e38416 pubmed publisher..This analysis has identified the Med5 subunit of Mediator as a target for histone tail interactions and suggests that the previously observed effect of med5 mutations on telomeric heterochromatin and silencing is direct. ..
- Lee Y, Kim Y. Requirement for a functional interaction between mediator components Med6 and Srb4 in RNA polymerase II transcription. Mol Cell Biol. 1998;18:5364-70 pubmed..Our results suggest not only the existence of a specific interaction between Med6 and Srb4 but also the requirement of this interaction in transcriptional regulation of RNA polymerase II holoenzyme. ..
- Miller C, Matic I, Maier K, Schwalb B, Roether S, Strasser K, et al. Mediator phosphorylation prevents stress response transcription during non-stress conditions. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:44017-26 pubmed publisher..Thus dynamic and differential Mediator phosphorylation contributes to gene regulation in eukaryotic cells. ..
- Guidi B, Bjornsdottir G, Hopkins D, Lacomis L, Erdjument Bromage H, Tempst P, et al. Mutual targeting of mediator and the TFIIH kinase Kin28. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:29114-20 pubmed..In addition, we have found that Kin28 phosphorylates Mediator subunit Med4 in an assay, including purified holo-TFIIH, and either Mediator or recombinant Med4 alone...
- Hallberg M, Hu G, Tronnersjö S, Shaikhibrahim Z, Balciunas D, Bjorklund S, et al. Functional and physical interactions within the middle domain of the yeast mediator. Mol Genet Genomics. 2006;276:197-210 pubmed..2-Hybrid experiments confirmed multiple interactions between Med21, Med10, Med7 and Med4, and also revealed a Med21 self-interaction...