Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MDM34
Description: ERMES complex subunit MDM34
Alias: MMM2, ERMES complex subunit MDM34
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Esposito M, Piatti S, Hofmann L, Frontali L, Delahodde A, Rinaldi T. Analysis of the rpn11-m1 proteasomal mutant reveals connection between cell cycle and mitochondrial biogenesis. FEMS Yeast Res. 2011;11:60-71 pubmed publisher..Interestingly, the overexpression of Cdc14 also partially restores the tubular network in an ?mmm2 strain, which lacks a mitochondrial protein belonging to the complex necessary to anchor the mitochondrion to the ..
- Tan T, Ozbalci C, Br gger B, Rapaport D, Dimmer K. Mcp1 and Mcp2, two novel proteins involved in mitochondrial lipid homeostasis. J Cell Sci. 2013;126:3563-74 pubmed publisher..Collectively, this work identifies two novel proteins that play a role in mitochondrial lipid homeostasis and describes a role of Mdm10 in ergosterol trafficking...
- H nscher C, Mari M, Auffarth K, Bohnert M, Griffith J, Geerts W, et al. Cellular metabolism regulates contact sites between vacuoles and mitochondria. Dev Cell. 2014;30:86-94 pubmed publisher..The identification of this organelle contact site reveals a physical and metabolic interconnection between the endocytic pathway and mitochondria...
- Mattiazzi UÅ¡aj M, BrloÅ¾nik M, Kaferle P, Å½itnik M, Wolinski H, Leitner F, et al. Genome-Wide Localization Study of Yeast Pex11 Identifies Peroxisome-Mitochondria Interactions through the ERMES Complex. J Mol Biol. 2015;427:2072-87 pubmed publisher..A group of genes encompassing MDM10, MDM12 and MDM34 that encode the mitochondrial and cytosolic components of the ERMES complex was analyzed in greater detail...
- Wu X, Li L, Jiang H. Doa1 targets ubiquitinated substrates for mitochondria-associated degradation. J Cell Biol. 2016;213:49-63 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our results demonstrate the essential role of the Doa1-Cdc48(-Ufd1-Npl4)complex in mitochondrial proteostasis and suggest that Doa1 plays dual roles on the Cdc48 complex. ..
- Kojima R, Kajiura S, Sesaki H, Endo T, Tamura Y. Identification of multi-copy suppressors for endoplasmic reticulum-mitochondria tethering proteins in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. FEBS Lett. 2016;590:3061-70 pubmed publisher..We found that Ole1 partially relieves the growth defects of ERMES-lacking cells, thus uncovering a relationship between fatty acid metabolism and ERMES functions. ..
- Belgareh Touzé N, Cavellini L, Cohen M. Ubiquitination of ERMES components by the E3 ligase Rsp5 is involved in mitophagy. Autophagy. 2017;13:114-132 pubmed publisher..However, it remains unclear how these different functions are regulated. We show here that Mdm34 and Mdm12, 2 components of ERMES, are ubiquitinated by the E3 ligase Rsp5...