Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MDM30
Description: SCF ubiquitin ligase complex subunit MDM30
Alias: DSG1, SCF ubiquitin ligase complex subunit MDM30
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Shukla A, Durairaj G, Schneider J, Duan Z, Shadle T, Bhaumik S. Stimulation of mRNA export by an F-box protein, Mdm30p, in vivo. J Mol Biol. 2009;389:238-47 pubmed publisher..Together, our data demonstrate that Mdm30p selectively controls mRNA export independently of mitochondrial fusion, revealing a novel function of an F-box protein in mRNA export. ..
- Amiott E, Cohen M, Saint Georges Y, Weissman A, Shaw J. A mutation associated with CMT2A neuropathy causes defects in Fzo1 GTP hydrolysis, ubiquitylation, and protein turnover. Mol Biol Cell. 2009;20:5026-35 pubmed publisher..in the GTPase domain of Mfn2) not only abolishes GTP hydrolysis and mitochondrial membrane fusion but also reduces Mdm30-mediated ubiquitylation and degradation of the mutant protein...
- Hammermeister M, Schödel K, Westermann B. Mdm36 is a mitochondrial fission-promoting protein in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Biol Cell. 2010;21:2443-52 pubmed publisher..Double mutant analyses indicate that Mdm36 acts antagonistically to fusion-promoting components, such as Fzo1 and Mdm30. The cell cortex-associated protein Num1 was shown previously to interact with Dnm1 and promote mitochondrial ..
- Aghajan M, Jonai N, Flick K, Fu F, Luo M, Cai X, et al. Chemical genetics screen for enhancers of rapamycin identifies a specific inhibitor of an SCF family E3 ubiquitin ligase. Nat Biotechnol. 2010;28:738-42 pubmed publisher..Our results show that there is no fundamental barrier to obtaining specific inhibitors to modulate function of individual SCF complexes. ..
- Anton F, Fres J, Schauss A, Pinson B, Praefcke G, Langer T, et al. Ugo1 and Mdm30 act sequentially during Fzo1-mediated mitochondrial outer membrane fusion. J Cell Sci. 2011;124:1126-35 pubmed publisher..OM fusion depends on self-assembly and GTPase activity of mitofusins as well as on two other proteins, Ugo1 and Mdm30. Here, we define distinct steps of the OM fusion cycle using in vitro and in vivo approaches...
- Cohen M, Amiott E, Day A, Leboucher G, Pryce E, Glickman M, et al. Sequential requirements for the GTPase domain of the mitofusin Fzo1 and the ubiquitin ligase SCFMdm30 in mitochondrial outer membrane fusion. J Cell Sci. 2011;124:1403-10 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the ubiquitin ligase SCF(Mdm30) (a SKP1-cullin-1-F-box complex that contains Mdm30 as the F-box protein), which targets Fzo1 for ubiquitylation ..
- Ang K, Ee G, Ang E, Koh E, Siew W, Chan Y, et al. Mediator acts upstream of the transcriptional activator Gal4. PLoS Biol. 2012;10:e1001290 pubmed publisher..The deletion of the gene encoding the F-box protein Mdm30 had been reported to stabilize the transcriptional activator Gal4 under inducing conditions and to lead to defects ..
- Yen J, Flick K, Papagiannis C, Mathur R, Tyrrell A, Ouni I, et al. Signal-induced disassembly of the SCF ubiquitin ligase complex by Cdc48/p97. Mol Cell. 2012;48:288-97 pubmed publisher..Our results not only provide an additional layer of ubiquitin ligase regulation but also suggest that targeted, signal-dependent dissociation of multisubunit enzyme complexes is an important mechanism in control of enzyme function. ..
- Durairaj G, Lahudkar S, Bhaumik S. A new regulatory pathway of mRNA export by an F-box protein, Mdm30. RNA. 2014;20:133-42 pubmed publisherb>Mdm30, an F-box protein in yeast, has been recently shown to promote mRNA export. However, it remains unknown how Mdm30 facilitates mRNA export...
- Ota K, Kito K, Okada S, Ito T. A proteomic screen reveals the mitochondrial outer membrane protein Mdm34p as an essential target of the F-box protein Mdm30p. Genes Cells. 2008;13:1075-85 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, we found that mitochondrial defects induced by deletion of MDM30 are not only recapitulated by a mutant Mdm34p defective in interaction with Mdm30p but alleviated by ..
- Palermo V, Falcone C, Mazzoni C. Apoptosis and aging in mitochondrial morphology mutants of S. cerevisiae. Folia Microbiol (Praha). 2007;52:479-83 pubmed..b>MDM30 and DNM1, the genes encoding an F-box protein and the dynamin-related GTPase, respectively, are involved in ..
- Kondo Okamoto N, Ohkuni K, Kitagawa K, McCaffery J, Shaw J, Okamoto K. The novel F-box protein Mfb1p regulates mitochondrial connectivity and exhibits asymmetric localization in yeast. Mol Biol Cell. 2006;17:3756-67 pubmed..We propose that Mfb1p operates in a novel pathway regulating mitochondrial tubular connectivity. ..
- Escobar Henriques M, Westermann B, Langer T. Regulation of mitochondrial fusion by the F-box protein Mdm30 involves proteasome-independent turnover of Fzo1. J Cell Biol. 2006;173:645-50 pubmed..b>Mdm30, an F-box protein required for mitochondrial fusion in vegetatively growing cells, affects the cellular Fzo1 ..