Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MDM12
Description: ERMES complex subunit MDM12
Alias: ERMES complex subunit MDM12
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Stroud D, Becker T, Qiu J, Stojanovski D, Pfannschmidt S, Wirth C, et al. Biogenesis of mitochondrial ?-barrel proteins: the POTRA domain is involved in precursor release from the SAM complex. Mol Biol Cell. 2011;22:2823-33 pubmed publisher..These results indicate the POTRA domain of Sam50 is not essential for recognition of ?-barrel precursors but functions in a subsequent step to promote the release of precursor proteins from the SAM complex. ..
- Belgareh Touzé N, Cavellini L, Cohen M. Ubiquitination of ERMES components by the E3 ligase Rsp5 is involved in mitophagy. Autophagy. 2017;13:114-132 pubmed publisher..However, it remains unclear how these different functions are regulated. We show here that Mdm34 and Mdm12, 2 components of ERMES, are ubiquitinated by the E3 ligase Rsp5...
- Jeong H, Park J, Lee C. Crystal structure of Mdm12 reveals the architecture and dynamic organization of the ERMES complex. EMBO Rep. 2016;17:1857-1871 pubmed..The ERMES complex is composed of Mdm12, Mmm1, and Mdm34, which have a SMP domain in common, and Mdm10. Here, we report the crystal structure of S...
- Kojima R, Endo T, Tamura Y. A phospholipid transfer function of ER-mitochondria encounter structure revealed in vitro. Sci Rep. 2016;6:30777 pubmed publisher..This in vitro assay system thus offers a powerful tool to analyze the non-vesicular phospholipid transport between the ER and mitochondria. ..
- Tan T, Ozbalci C, Br gger B, Rapaport D, Dimmer K. Mcp1 and Mcp2, two novel proteins involved in mitochondrial lipid homeostasis. J Cell Sci. 2013;126:3563-74 pubmed publisher..Collectively, this work identifies two novel proteins that play a role in mitochondrial lipid homeostasis and describes a role of Mdm10 in ergosterol trafficking...
- García Rodríguez L, Gay A, Pon L. Puf3p, a Pumilio family RNA binding protein, localizes to mitochondria and regulates mitochondrial biogenesis and motility in budding yeast. J Cell Biol. 2007;176:197-207 pubmed..Thus, Puf3p is a mitochondrial protein that contributes to the biogenesis and motility of the organelle. ..
- Boldogh I, Ramcharan S, Yang H, Pon L. A type V myosin (Myo2p) and a Rab-like G-protein (Ypt11p) are required for retention of newly inherited mitochondria in yeast cells during cell division. Mol Biol Cell. 2004;15:3994-4002 pubmed..Finally, destabilization of actin cables and the resulting delocalization of Myo2p from the bud tip had no significant effect on the accumulation of mitochondria in the bud tip. ..
- Nguyen T, Lewandowska A, Choi J, Markgraf D, Junker M, Bilgin M, et al. Gem1 and ERMES do not directly affect phosphatidylserine transport from ER to mitochondria or mitochondrial inheritance. Traffic. 2012;13:880-90 pubmed publisher..Finally, we show that ERMES complexes are long-lived, and do not depend on the presence of Gem1. Our findings suggest that the ERMES complex may have primarily a structural role in maintaining mitochondrial morphology. ..
- Tamura Y, Onguka O, Hobbs A, Jensen R, Iijima M, Claypool S, et al. Role for two conserved intermembrane space proteins, Ups1p and Ups2p, [corrected] in intra-mitochondrial phospholipid trafficking. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:15205-18 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that Ups proteins and Mdm31p play important roles in phospholipid biosynthesis in mitochondria. Ups proteins may function in phospholipid trafficking between the outer and inner mitochondrial membranes. ..
- Dimmer K, Jakobs S, Vogel F, Altmann K, Westermann B. Mdm31 and Mdm32 are inner membrane proteins required for maintenance of mitochondrial shape and stability of mitochondrial DNA nucleoids in yeast. J Cell Biol. 2005;168:103-15 pubmed..one of the MDM31 and MDM32 genes is synthetically lethal with deletion of either one of the MMM1, MMM2, MDM10, and MDM12 genes, which encode outer membrane proteins involved in mitochondrial morphogenesis and mtDNA inheritance...
- Berger K, Yaffe M. Prohibitin family members interact genetically with mitochondrial inheritance components in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Cell Biol. 1998;18:4043-52 pubmed..These results provide the first evidence of a role for prohibitin in mitochondrial inheritance and in the regulation of mitochondrial morphology. ..