Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MDM10
Alias: FUN37, Mdm10p
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Boldogh I, Nowakowski D, Yang H, Chung H, Karmon S, Royes P, et al. A protein complex containing Mdm10p, Mdm12p, and Mmm1p links mitochondrial membranes and DNA to the cytoskeleton-based segregation machinery. Mol Biol Cell. 2003;14:4618-27 pubmedPrevious studies indicate that two proteins, Mmm1p and Mdm10p, are required to link mitochondria to the actin cytoskeleton of yeast and for actin-based control of mitochondrial movement, inheritance and morphology...
- Meisinger C, Pfannschmidt S, Rissler M, Milenkovic D, Becker T, Stojanovski D, et al. The morphology proteins Mdm12/Mmm1 function in the major beta-barrel assembly pathway of mitochondria. EMBO J. 2007;26:2229-39 pubmed..Moreover, Mdm10, which functions in the Tom40-specific route, can associate with SAM(core) as well as Mdm12/Mmm1 to form distinct ..
- Becker T, Wenz L, Thornton N, Stroud D, Meisinger C, Wiedemann N, et al. Biogenesis of mitochondria: dual role of Tom7 in modulating assembly of the preprotein translocase of the outer membrane. J Mol Biol. 2011;405:113-24 pubmed publisher..the SAM components interacts with the outer membrane protein mitochondrial distribution and morphology protein 10 (Mdm10) to form the SAM-Mdm10 machinery; however, different views exist on the function of the SAM-Mdm10 complex...
- Dimmer K, Jakobs S, Vogel F, Altmann K, Westermann B. Mdm31 and Mdm32 are inner membrane proteins required for maintenance of mitochondrial shape and stability of mitochondrial DNA nucleoids in yeast. J Cell Biol. 2005;168:103-15 pubmed..of either one of the MDM31 and MDM32 genes is synthetically lethal with deletion of either one of the MMM1, MMM2, MDM10, and MDM12 genes, which encode outer membrane proteins involved in mitochondrial morphogenesis and mtDNA ..
- Esposito M, Piatti S, Hofmann L, Frontali L, Delahodde A, Rinaldi T. Analysis of the rpn11-m1 proteasomal mutant reveals connection between cell cycle and mitochondrial biogenesis. FEMS Yeast Res. 2011;11:60-71 pubmed publisher..Altogether our findings indicate, for the first time, a cross-talk between the cell cycle and mitochondrial morphology. ..
- Stojanovski D, Guiard B, Kozjak Pavlovic V, Pfanner N, Meisinger C. Alternative function for the mitochondrial SAM complex in biogenesis of alpha-helical TOM proteins. J Cell Biol. 2007;179:881-93 pubmed..Thus, the substrate specificity of SAM is not restricted to beta-barrel proteins but also includes the majority of alpha-helical Tom proteins. ..
- Stroud D, Becker T, Qiu J, Stojanovski D, Pfannschmidt S, Wirth C, et al. Biogenesis of mitochondrial ?-barrel proteins: the POTRA domain is involved in precursor release from the SAM complex. Mol Biol Cell. 2011;22:2823-33 pubmed publisher..These results indicate the POTRA domain of Sam50 is not essential for recognition of ?-barrel precursors but functions in a subsequent step to promote the release of precursor proteins from the SAM complex. ..
- Tan T, Ozbalci C, Br gger B, Rapaport D, Dimmer K. Mcp1 and Mcp2, two novel proteins involved in mitochondrial lipid homeostasis. J Cell Sci. 2013;126:3563-74 pubmed publisherThe yeast mitochondrial outer membrane (MOM) protein Mdm10 is involved in at least three different processes: (1) association of mitochondria with the endoplasmic reticulum and mitochondrial lipid homeostasis (2) membrane assembly of MOM ..
- Kojima R, Kajiura S, Sesaki H, Endo T, Tamura Y. Identification of multi-copy suppressors for endoplasmic reticulum-mitochondria tethering proteins in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. FEBS Lett. 2016;590:3061-70 pubmed publisher..We found that Ole1 partially relieves the growth defects of ERMES-lacking cells, thus uncovering a relationship between fatty acid metabolism and ERMES functions. ..
- Nguyen T, Lewandowska A, Choi J, Markgraf D, Junker M, Bilgin M, et al. Gem1 and ERMES do not directly affect phosphatidylserine transport from ER to mitochondria or mitochondrial inheritance. Traffic. 2012;13:880-90 pubmed publisher..Finally, we show that ERMES complexes are long-lived, and do not depend on the presence of Gem1. Our findings suggest that the ERMES complex may have primarily a structural role in maintaining mitochondrial morphology. ..
- Tamura Y, Onguka O, Hobbs A, Jensen R, Iijima M, Claypool S, et al. Role for two conserved intermembrane space proteins, Ups1p and Ups2p, [corrected] in intra-mitochondrial phospholipid trafficking. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:15205-18 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that Ups proteins and Mdm31p play important roles in phospholipid biosynthesis in mitochondria. Ups proteins may function in phospholipid trafficking between the outer and inner mitochondrial membranes. ..
- Berger K, Yaffe M. Prohibitin family members interact genetically with mitochondrial inheritance components in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Cell Biol. 1998;18:4043-52 pubmed..with a mutation in any of three mitochondrial inheritance components of the mitochondrial outer membrane, Mdm12p, Mdm10p, and Mmm1p...
- Gebert N, Joshi A, Kutik S, Becker T, McKenzie M, Guan X, et al. Mitochondrial cardiolipin involved in outer-membrane protein biogenesis: implications for Barth syndrome. Curr Biol. 2009;19:2133-9 pubmed publisher..Our findings reveal a new role for cardiolipin in protein sorting at the mitochondrial outer membrane and bear implications for the pathogenesis of Barth syndrome. ..
- García Rodríguez L, Crider D, Gay A, Salanueva I, Boldogh I, Pon L. Mitochondrial inheritance is required for MEN-regulated cytokinesis in budding yeast. Curr Biol. 2009;19:1730-5 pubmed publisher..The mitochore, a mitochondrial protein complex containing Mdm10p, Mdm12p, and Mmm1p, is required for mitochondrial motility leading to inheritance in budding yeast...