Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Mdj1p
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Burri L, Vascotto K, Fredersdorf S, Tiedt R, Hall M, Lithgow T. Zim17, a novel zinc finger protein essential for protein import into mitochondria. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:50243-9 pubmed..We propose that Zim17 functions as an example of a "fractured" J-protein, where a protein like Zim17 contributes a zinc finger domain to Type III J-proteins, in toto providing for substrate loading onto Hsp70. ..
- Fontanesi F, SOTO I, Horn D, Barrientos A. Mss51 and Ssc1 facilitate translational regulation of cytochrome c oxidase biogenesis. Mol Cell Biol. 2010;30:245-59 pubmed publisher..We conclude that Ssc1, by interacting with Mss51 and Mss51-containing complexes, plays a critical role in Cox1 biogenesis, COX assembly, and the translational regulation of these processes. ..
- Becker D, Krayl M, Strub A, Li Y, Mayer M, Voos W. Impaired interdomain communication in mitochondrial Hsp70 results in the loss of inward-directed translocation force. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:2934-46 pubmed publisher..We conclude that even a partial disruption of the interdomain communication in the mtHsp70 chaperone results in an almost complete breakdown of its translocation-driving properties. ..
- Jackson T, Kwon E, Chachulska A, Hyman L. Novel roles for elongin C in yeast. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2000;1491:161-76 pubmed..This suggests a novel role for Elongin C and provides insights into additional potential functions in mammalian cells. ..
- Pierrel F, Khalimonchuk O, Cobine P, Bestwick M, Winge D. Coa2 is an assembly factor for yeast cytochrome c oxidase biogenesis that facilitates the maturation of Cox1. Mol Cell Biol. 2008;28:4927-39 pubmed publisher..The matrix-localized Coa2 protein may aid in stabilizing an early Cox1 intermediate containing the nuclear subunits Cox5a and Cox6. ..
- Wagner I, Arlt H, van Dyck L, Langer T, Neupert W. Molecular chaperones cooperate with PIM1 protease in the degradation of misfolded proteins in mitochondria. EMBO J. 1994;13:5135-45 pubmed..mitochondrial matrix is mediated by the PIM1 protease and depends on the molecular chaperone proteins mt-hsp70 and Mdj1p. Chaperone function is essential to maintain misfolded proteins in a soluble state, a prerequisite for their ..
- Rowley N, Prip Buus C, Westermann B, Brown C, Schwarz E, Barrell B, et al. Mdj1p, a novel chaperone of the DnaJ family, is involved in mitochondrial biogenesis and protein folding. Cell. 1994;77:249-59 pubmedb>Mdj1p, a novel member of the DnaJ family, is a heat shock protein that is associated with the inner membrane of mitochondria of Saccharomyces cerevisiae...