Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MDH3
Description: malate dehydrogenase MDH3
Alias: malate dehydrogenase MDH3
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Bottger G, Barnett P, Klein A, Kragt A, Tabak H, Distel B. Saccharomyces cerevisiae PTS1 receptor Pex5p interacts with the SH3 domain of the peroxisomal membrane protein Pex13p in an unconventional, non-PXXP-related manner. Mol Biol Cell. 2000;11:3963-76 pubmed..Taken together, this indicates that in the absence of Pex13-SH3 interaction, other protein(s) is able to bind Pex5p at the peroxisome; Pex14p is a likely candidate for this function. ..
- Marelli M, Smith J, Jung S, Yi E, Nesvizhskii A, Christmas R, et al. Quantitative mass spectrometry reveals a role for the GTPase Rho1p in actin organization on the peroxisome membrane. J Cell Biol. 2004;167:1099-112 pubmed..Rho1p regulates the assembly state of actin on the peroxisome membrane, thereby controlling peroxisome membrane dynamics and biogenesis. ..
- Kerssen D, Hambruch E, Klaas W, Platta H, de Kruijff B, Erdmann R, et al. Membrane association of the cycling peroxisome import receptor Pex5p. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:27003-15 pubmed..Altogether, these data strongly suggest that a translocation-competent state of the PTS1 receptor enters the membrane via protein-lipid interactions before it tightly associates with other peroxins. ..
- Klein A, Barnett P, Bottger G, Konings D, Tabak H, Distel B. Recognition of peroxisomal targeting signal type 1 by the import receptor Pex5p. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:15034-41 pubmed..Based on the mutational analysis and the structural model, we put forward a model as to how PTS1 proteins are selected by Pex5p. ..
- Klein A, van den Berg M, Bottger G, Tabak H, Distel B. Saccharomyces cerevisiae acyl-CoA oxidase follows a novel, non-PTS1, import pathway into peroxisomes that is dependent on Pex5p. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:25011-9 pubmed
- Kurita O. Overexpression of peroxisomal malate dehydrogenase MDH3 gene enhances cell death on H2O2 stress in the ald5 mutant of Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Curr Microbiol. 2003;47:192-7 pubmed..However, overexpression of the MDH3 gene that was involved in the reoxidation of NADH during fatty acid beta-oxidation caused a decrease in cell ..
- Zelle R, de Hulster E, van Winden W, de Waard P, Dijkema C, Winkler A, et al. Malic acid production by Saccharomyces cerevisiae: engineering of pyruvate carboxylation, oxaloacetate reduction, and malate export. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2008;74:2766-77 pubmed publisher..overexpression of the native pyruvate carboxylase encoded by PYC2, (ii) high-level expression of an allele of the MDH3 gene, of which the encoded malate dehydrogenase was retargeted to the cytosol by deletion of the C-terminal ..